Chevy Tahoe 2009 Power flow display

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Chevy Tahoe 2009 Power flow display

Hello

I'm in the process of buying a 2009 Chevy Tahoe hybrid, however i when i went to look at the vehicle and do a test drive i notice it was not showing me the power flow or basically if i am using gas or the battery while driving. I currently drive a 2007 toyota highlander hybrid and it has a display that tells when I'm in hybrid mode or using gas. When i told the dealer, he says that model doesn't come with that display. I looked it up online and there are pics and video showing the hybrid power flow display. And the vehicle I'm sure is a hybrid with the logo and i even looked in the engine and saw the system. We looked at the navigation screen and there was no tab or options to view the hybrid system.

My question is, are there some 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrids that do not show the power flow display? Also isn't the engine suppose to shut off when the vehicle is not moving or in park? Reason being when we stopped, i still heard the engine running, which i had to question.

How can i tell if this is a real Chevy Tahoe hybrid and not just a regular Tahoe?

Old 11-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe 2009 Power flow display

If it has the NAV and Back-up camera display, there is a Hybrid display available from one of the many Menu functions.

It will show engine, drive-unit, Battery, and wheels.

(How can i tell if this is a real Chevy Tahoe hybrid and not just a regular Tahoe?)

Look at the Tachometer. Hybrids have a unique instrument cluster. The top left gage will have green marks and say Economy under it. The Tachometer will say Hybrid in green under the tach needle. The tach has "Off" "Auto Stop" and then 1, 2, 3 4, 5, and 6 times 1000 rpm marks.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 11-08-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Administrator

open the engine and it will say hybrid on the left or passenger side of the engine bay.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

The 2009 model i looked at did have a nav and back up camera display but no hybrid display/option showing the engine engine, drive-unit, battery and wheels. The only options on the navigation screen was Sound, Radio, Nav, Display and the time. but on the tachometer it has the hybrid logo. and also on the vehicle.

My question again is, is it possible for the 2009 model to not have the hybrid/ power distribution display as a option?

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
If it has the NAV and Back-up camera display, there is a Hybrid display available from one of the many Menu functions.

(How can i tell if this is a real Chevy Tahoe hybrid and not just a regular Tahoe?)

Look at the Tachometer. Hybrids have a unique instrument cluster. The top left gage will have green marks and say Economy under it. The Tachometer will say Hybrid in green under the tach needle. The tach has "Off" "Auto Stop" and then 1, 2, 3 4, 5, and 6 times 1000 rpm marks.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

I did that, and it has the hybrid system with the logo.
However my real concern and question is about the navigation system display and if it optional to see the power flow/ distribution. Meaning on the screen where i would see if the vehicle is using the engine or battery. Because this specific Tahoe hybrid is not showing me that. and can't seem to get an answer from either the dealership to the Chevy dealers also.

So i want to know if this has ever happened to anyone and if so how can i get the display up.

Originally Posted by evois
open the engine and it will say hybrid on the left or passenger side of the engine bay.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If I were any good at posting videos I would but I have my "Honey-Do" list for today and not much time before rain/snow.

On Right side under the radio tuner **** should be a vertical row of black buttons with white letters.

Menu is the one to look for.

Once Menu is pressed the Hubrid, Radio, Sound, and other display options should come up on the TOUCH screen with Hybrid usually the default. At least it does in the 2010 Denali I have right now.

Some GM folks put a whole lot of time into that Hybrid Display. The NAV/Back Up camera screen is there because the hybrid display was thought to be so important by them.

Depending on what the Tahoe has it may be found from Display sub options on the touch screen.

Have you looked in Owner's Manual? The 2009 Tahoe may be different than what I'm driving.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid

Old 11-20-2015, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast

On my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid, I hit the MENU button on upper right of radio and the Hybrid display is the first one that pops up. If it isn't you probably have a radio unit out of a regular hybrid.(maybe)