GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > General Motors Corporation > GM Hybrid Trucks, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid & GMC Yukon Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
Default Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

So how come Chevy Tahoe Hybrid dosen't get one of those cute pictures and links at the top of the page? All the Prius owners giving the CTH drivers grief across the web, and now this!

I now have just over 2,200 miles on my new hybrid and have averaged 24.2 mpg over the last 1,281 miles based on gas slip calculations. Trip computer reports 24.6 mpg. I would like to see what mileage others are getting but I don't seem to be able to find the Tahoe Hybrid mileage database.

Any help?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Contributor ($)

Hybrids: 2002 5-speed Insight
Default Re: Chevy Tahoe Hybrid Forum

Shawn,
Congrats on the Tahoe Hybrid. You are doing better than my (non-hybrid) minivan for gas mileage, and I'm certain your vehicle is much larger.

Sounds like GM will have their Tahoe represented at Hybridfest this year, I'll be interested to hear people's feedback about it.

Glad you are keeping your sense of humor regarding Tahoe Hybrid discrimination for now. I look forward to hearing more about how things go for you. When did you get you're Tahoe and what part of the country are you in?

Eric Powers
www.EVPowers.com
EV Powers - A Green Vehicle workshop in Madison, WI
608-729-4082

Last edited by ericbecky; 06-10-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: Prius II, Tahoe Hybrid

Shawn,

I've had my Tahoe hybrid since February, over 6000 miles. My mpg is at http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/m.../car/6478.html

I was averaging right at 20.0, but took a slight hit last week driving from Dallas to Arkansas at70 mph with a bike rack on the back. I'm not sure if there are any other Tahoe's recording mileage, but look through cars listed as 'other'.

Tom H. in Dallas.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast

Eric, Tom,

Thanks. We live in Salt Lake City, so the car sees a lot of city and mountain driving. We replaced an old Land Rover. So far, we have been very happy.

I have a 780 mile vacation/road trip coming up next week. This will be the first long highway trip. I'll let you know how the mileage tracks. I will be hauling 7 scouts with a trailer. The rear entertainment system will get a workout.

I'll check out the "other" cars category and see what I find.

Thanks again,

Shawn
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Outcast Enthusiast

Hybrids: None

I have seen at least 10 of these around where I live (SC). I have identified them by their Hybrid Graphics. Do all of the Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon come with the Hybrid graphics?

FWIW, we own a 07 Denali XL (6.2L - 6-spd auto, no engine management). We see 17-18 on the highway and 14-16 with mixed 40/60 driving. It doesn't take much (i.e. jackrabbit starts or >75mph) to drastically influence FE. Tom's 17-23 MPG sounds real good.

Last edited by doasc; 06-11-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: Prius II, Tahoe Hybrid

I think they all come with the graphics. My wife would prefer that I remove them. BTW, mine is 4WD which I use in the mountains in New Mexico where I have a cabin at the top of a steep and twisty dirt road. The 2WD should do better for mileage.

Tom H. in Dallas
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast

I think that Tom has it right: All of the Tahoe Hybrids come with the graphics. We are pulling the one on the front window. A little work with the hair dryer should help it peel right off. I think we found something like 13 hybrid logos or stickers around the car, inside and out.

I guess that GM didn't want anyone to miss the fact that it's a hybrid.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Proud to be GM

Hybrids: 2012 Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volquinum View Post
I think that Tom has it right: All of the Tahoe Hybrids come with the graphics. We are pulling the one on the front window. A little work with the hair dryer should help it peel right off. I think we found something like 13 hybrid logos or stickers around the car, inside and out.

I guess that GM didn't want anyone to miss the fact that it's a hybrid.
Well, unfortunately they didn't listen to me on that one. I would have loved to see them as a dealer install, customer choice option. Oh well.

I am NOT the official voice of GM with respect to Hybrid issues

Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hybrids: 2006 Ford Escape 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volquinum View Post
So how come Chevy Tahoe Hybrid dosen't get one of those cute pictures and links at the top of the page? All the Prius owners giving the CTH drivers grief across the web, and now this!
Any help?
Well, I've brought it up, so hopefully we'll get that fixed for you guys. LOL, believe me, there's not many who are better versed in SUV Hybrid persecution then I am. Though we really need a better abbreviation, CTH seems like a typo of TCH, Toyota Camry Hybrid. TaHy? (Much like the Highlander Hybrids HiHy)

As to the Tahoe Hybrid, congrats! She's a fine machine, and I actually had some fun with the drive I took a Yukon Hybrid on. When treated right, she can deliver some astonishing MPGs!

First 4WD Hypermiler

Have you read the FEH FAQ?

Live in Michigan? Let it be known in Michigan Roll Call

Read My Automotive Blog at Rich Rambles

Read My Auto Reviews at The Detroit Examiner

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 06-12-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Tahoe Hybrid

I purchased my Hybrid Tahoe exactly two weeks and 1360 miles ago. I am getting right between 21 and 22 mpg. The mileage includes one roundtrip from Dallas to Houston, but the rest is in-town start and stop driving. I had an '03 Tahoe that averaged 13 mpg, so I'm pretty happy thus far.

I had never seen a Tahoe Hybrid prior to my purchase, nor have I since. I'm really looking now that I have one, but have yet to see another one! The logos and decals certainly stir up interest. I can't go anywhere without someone stopping me and asking how I like it and what MPG I'm getting.

A few questions for those of you who own one...
1. Do you know anything about the emergency tire inflation system? I ran over an allen wrench in the Walmart parking lot today which resulted in a flat. Fortunately I was right across the street from Discount tire, who repaired it for me. I'm concerned about being without a spare.
2. How does the system decide whether it will be 4 or 8 cylinder?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Tags
chevrolet, chevy, cold, compressor, forum, forums, green, hybrid, memory, owners, problem, salvage, seats, start, tahoe