Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Jolt, Lurch, Chug

I'm having the exact same problem but the dealer says they cant do anything unless it throws a light.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Enthusiast

Indeed! I still have my Hybrid, 78K, and periodically have the same problem since my last post, but it never flips the check engine light on, so nothing they will do about it.

So frustrating, as I absolutely love that engine, plus the 20-21 overall mpg. I admit that I don't try to make the mpgs any better, so I like the savings I get, despite myself.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a hard sell to ever purchase another GM, much less a GM Hybrid again.

Will post again if anything ever gets resolved.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I would think this would be normal on a 4wd hybrid vs a rwd one. the change from ICE to EV plus 4x4auto sometimes can be felt. Have you tried putting it in RWD(2WD) and see if it happens?

Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

In this case, I've only got the 2WD model. I'm pretty sure it's related to being a 1st year model, and more important, an early 2008 model.

On a side note, the dealership was nice enough to replace my door locks for free, recently. It was that cheapo Chinese part in the locks that failed, like similar threads, not solely related to the Hybrid.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

Slow driving is always good and try not to confuse the computer !!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Enthusiast

Jeff so you never got that jolting problem resolved.I thought you did I was going to ask you what exactly did they change out? Well, I called GM today and they said that their going to have their manager call me within 24hr because I told them that we just purchased it used because we were having our forth child on her way in a few weeks and she drives it everyday taking the kids to school back and forth. And if she gets into an accident because the car jolt and chugs that I'm calling the news channel and its going to be the biggest lawsuit on their hand.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm sorry to see that you all have been experiencing this! DVSSRT8 & PBRLives, please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you would like me to get in touch with your dealerships on your behalf and work towards a resolution.

In the meantime, I've documented this thread's URL where the appropriate GM teams can view it.

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Katie I just sent you a private message with all the info on the dealer.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DVSSRT8
Thanks Katie I just sent you a private message with all the info on the dealer.
Thank you! I will reply shortly and look forward to working with you.

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

This thread is very interesting.

My transmission has been rebuilt under warranty once. I erratically when I get in the Tahoe after it has been sitting during the day (if I drive to work) when I start it and put it in gear it does not go. The motor seems to lug, almost to a stall, then catch. The next few seconds the motor runs roughly then all is fine. No codes or CEL.

Also, when I drive in the 20-30 mph range there is sometimes confusion as to whether or not I'm using ICE or battery with rough results. It seems to keep shifting between gears and between battery and gas. It is reproducable with a soft foot on the pedal. The dealer doesn't know why this happens.

Anyone else having similar symptoms?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jolt, Lurch, Chug

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands