Looking To Purchase 08 Yukon Hybrid - Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking To Purchase 08 Yukon Hybrid - Need Advice!

Originally Posted by evois
That's a factory sticker! I only kept the rear window sticker in my escalade hybrid. But I have seen others who kept ALL stickers.
Okay! Thanks evois! I will post pictures once we purchase (if inspection checks out).

Old 03-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

Evois - what type of gas and oil do you recommend for this vehicle?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Curlyp
Evois - what type of gas and oil do you recommend for this vehicle?
I only use mobil 1 5w/30 extended performance and 91 premium.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:22 AM
Enthusiast

I'd suggest replacing the 12v battery if it's more than a year or two old, and absolutely if it's original. These trucks do some weird things when the 12v battery is getting weak.

Also, the synthetic oil is an absolute must.

Suggest having the filter under the oil pressure sender replaced, add is known to plug and starve the lifters/drop out oil pressure. Common if you're using Dino oil, not if it's always been synthetic.

I don't run premium as the engine is designed for 87 but go nuts if you want to.

A wonderful truck to own, just keep up on regular maintenance like anything and it will treat you well in return.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:58 AM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

OP -

I dont know if you are still looking to buy a Tahoe Hybrid but if you are please contact me. Im selling mine, it is under FULL bumper to bumper warranty until Nov 2015 and I just had major work done. It is now in great shape, we just drove it to FL and back from Atlanta, smooth as silk. I'd let it go for $20K firm, private sale no tax, this is an all southern car so absolutely no rust, no road salt or anything. Only issues are the front bumper needs to be repainted since my wife scrapes it into other cars alot, esp. on the corners. And ofcourse the dash is cracked like all of them.

As for door locks, they fail over and over and over because GM is using faulty motors in them. Mine have been replaced under warranty by GM, but I will also throw in 4 of the GruvenParts.com door lock motors for you so you will be ready if they do go out after the bumper/bumper warranty ends in Nov 2015.

Dont buy 1 of these trucks without a bumper to bumper warranty. They are very expensive to work on.

Here is the craiglist ad, feel free to email me. Paul@GruvenParts.com

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4963505179.html

Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM
JCS
Enthusiast

Yukon or Tahoe are great overall vehicules. I have been driving a Tahoe hybrid since 2010. My main consideration is for maintenance. If you consider to own only one vehicule, I would be careful. I have changed some parts since 2010 and on all occasions, I needed to wait for the parts (3 to 10 days) . As a results, no quick in and out servicing. It sucks if you rely only on your truck to move around.

If you look at the tread above you, you will see that I have been waiting for 2 months for a tail light and no one at GM can tell me when it will be made and ship....

As for the mileage, It is good for the size but nowhere near what they advertise unless you radically change the way you are driving. I ride in vermont and use AWD permanently during the winter and I manage to do 13.5 MPG on average.

Good luck

Old 06-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

Did you bought the hybrid yet?
If not, please don't get a hybrid get your self out of trouble.