Looking To Purchase 08 Yukon Hybrid - Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking To Purchase 08 Yukon Hybrid - Need Advice!

Tows my 5000 lb Sea Ray and trailer just fine. Zoom in on my avitar photo to see.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

The Hybrid battery is warrantied to 100,000 miles or 8 yrs. Door locks are a common issue but only one time. The replacements take care of it. Not a big deal and that is not a Hybrid only thing, the suburban is just as likely to have the problem, plus its going to use roughly 60% more gas. 12 mpg average city x 10,000 miles = 833 gallons. 19 mph average city x 10,000 miles = 526 gallons 526/833 = 63% more fuel.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Administrator

I had 195k miles on my escalade hybrid. How much money did I save to a comparable N/A 2009 escalade?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1gmc
The Hybrid battery is warrantied to 100,000 miles or 8 yrs. Door locks are a common issue but only one time. The replacements take care of it. Not a big deal and that is not a Hybrid only thing, the suburban is just as likely to have the problem, plus its going to use roughly 60% more gas. 12 mpg average city x 10,000 miles = 833 gallons. 19 mph average city x 10,000 miles = 526 gallons 526/833 = 63% more fuel.
Thanks for the info. Wow, 63% in fuel savings is quite a bit of money!!!

I went to see the truck yesterday and it looked great. There are some minor scratches and the passenger door molding that goes across the middle is start to come off. The guy told me it is put on with double sided tape from factory and they will fix it and detail the car to remove some of the scratches. It drives nice. I floored it a few times. It seems to have he power. I honk one time during the high speed floor it paused once it reached a certain speed then picked back up. I might be describing it wrong.

The only thing I am hesitant or worried about is it being a hybrid. I read all 12 pages of the "post if you have a 100k miles..." Thread. There are a ton of people having issues with engine and the hybrid components. I don't want to be driving on a trip and the truck dies. I wonder if that is why they stopped making the hybrid trucks?

The appealing thing about the suburban is the non hybrid components and the potentinal of mitigating a lot of these hybrid issues. Yes, I will pay 63% more in fuel, but is it worth it?

The dealer is selling the car for $23,185 out the door. It's an 08 Yukon hybrid with 81,600 miles. I spoke with the manager and he bought the truck from the auction for his son, but his sons wife does not like the burgundy color so that is why he is selling it.

Any thoughts or feedback? Am I being too over conceded and or worried? Or should I take the chance with the low miles?

Old 03-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Administrator

If your manager bought it from auction, he must have vetted it and you might want to ask him any previous repair, history, etc.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
If your manager bought it from auction, he must have vetted it and you might want to ask him any previous repair, history, etc.
I did. He told me about the repairs that was done at the original dealer. It's also on the carfax. When they received it, the only maintenance the dealer did was oil change, and fully inspect it for safety issues. The truck came from PA.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

I took my wife to see the truck this evening. It drove well and seems to have no issues. My wife happen to notice the housing for the passenger side mirror is busted. I pointed it out to the sales ma and asked if he would have it fixed or deduct money. He told me no they will not deduct any money and no they will not fix it (if they do, they will put itin the cost of the vehicle purchase). Also, they would not allow us to take the vehicle over night to drop off another GMC dealer for inspection.

So, that was a deal breaker for us. Their loss on a sale tonight.

Last edited by Curlyp; 03-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Curlyp
I took my wife to see the truck this evening. It drove well and seems to have no issues. My wife happen to notice the housing for the passenger side mirror is busted. I pointed it out to the sales ma and asked if he would have it fixed or deduct money. He told me no they will not deduct any money and no they will not fix it (if they do, they will put itin the cost of the vehicle purchase). Also, they would not allow us to take the vehicle over night to drop off another GMC dealer for inspection. So, that was a deal breaker for us. Their loss on a sale tonight.
If you're paying the money, you have to be satisfied of the purchase process. I wouldn't sweat it.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

I spoke with the manager this morning and told his what the sales person told me last night. He called me back and told me he has his body shop fixing the mirror. He also said he will work out letting me take the vehicle over night for inspection. It seems like the manager wants the make the sale, but the salesman was trying to stiff me.

If all checks out from the inspection, we'll be a new owner of a 2008 hybrid Yukon.

Question- there is a hybrid sticker on the back window and side of the vehicle. Is that factory?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Curlyp
I spoke with the manager this morning and told his what the sales person told me last night. He called me back and told me he has his body shop fixing the mirror. He also said he will work out letting me take the vehicle over night for inspection. It seems like the manager wants the make the sale, but the salesman was trying to stiff me. If all checks out from the inspection, we'll be a new owner of a 2008 hybrid Yukon. Question- there is a hybrid sticker on the back window and side of the vehicle. Is that factory?
That's a factory sticker! I only kept the rear window sticker in my escalade hybrid. But I have seen others who kept ALL stickers.

Quick Reply: Looking To Purchase 08 Yukon Hybrid - Need Advice!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands