New owner of 2010 Yukon Hybrid - Have question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default New owner of 2010 Yukon Hybrid - Have question

Hello Community!

I just recently purchased a 2010 Yukon Hybrid about 30 days ago from the south. I purchased it with 113,600 miles. The Yukon drives and looks great. I even had it fully look by the Hybrid tech at my GMC dealer and he found no issues. The tech told me the engine and transmission look "dry" (no leaks), and that the underneath of the car has no rust from being in the south (he let me see it as well).

The Yukon did not come with with roof rails on top. I would like to have them installed so we can use the Hybrid Yukon for a vacations over our non-hybrid Yukon that has roof rails. Do you see any issues with having roof rails installed? Is there a reason why they were not installed. If I did have them installed, will it ruin my gas mileage, hybrid driving, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New owner of 2010 Yukon Hybrid - Have question

If you search around here on many older threads, you will find folks who put roof rails on.

You will NOT be able to measure any fuel economy change from them. Depending on what you put up there and how fast you drive... that's another story.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
If you search around here on many older threads, you will find folks who put roof rails on.

You will NOT be able to measure any fuel economy change from them. Depending on what you put up there and how fast you drive... that's another story.
Thanks for the information. I will search around. By the way, do you know if any of the hybrid cables run through the roof? I'm worried that drilling in the roof could splice one of the cables. By the way, the bodyshop is going to use a well-nut. He told me that the well-nuts help with sealing to prevent water leaks. Also, he's going to use sealant on the screw and inside the well-nut. Once it is crimped together, it should be sealed well.

Last edited by Curlyp; 11-13-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Nothing up there but Heat AC and dome light wires.