No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

Hi guys-

New to the forums. Read lots of post on here and the community seems very knowledgeable. Here's what I have going on: 2009 Escalade Hybrid, 75k miles, always dealer maintained. Recently I noticed the vehicle experiencing the "bump jerk" symptoms noted in a service bulletin that points to the Aux Trans pump or controller. Never had the issue before. Seems others on here have had similar phantom problems that never manifest codes.
Finally the check engine light came on (no service hybrid message, just the engine light) and the vehicle hasn't been going into auto stop. I put 600+ miles on the vehicle (with SES on no autostop), and yesterday, BOOM the system started functioning properly just out of nowhere...Like the issue was never even there. Back to the same issue today. When I take off after having the ignition off, the vehicle tries to go into auto stop and stalls almost immediately. I can mitigate this by moving the shift lever into the park position, then reverse which starts the engine, followed by drive. This process needs to be repeated each time the key is turned off. Once I do this, the vehicle won't try to autostop again until key off. I checked under the hood to ensure the 60 amp pump fuse was okay and making contact. Nothing on the floor blocking the battery fan and the mesh is clean inside the hybrid battery compartment. I'm reluctant to take the vehicle to a dealer because I purchased a warranty that goes into effect next month before this started happening. Is there a way to pull codes without taking it to a dealer? If it were a pump failure, I would imagine it wouldn't just start working out of nowhere... I'm thinking that it could be wire short issue, or controller, but wanted to get the pro's opinion.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

You need to get a read from the hybrid computer. The engine will probably only give you P0AC4 Hybrid requests Check Engine Light.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Hilbilly. That's what I figured.... Let me ask you this, will it damage the vehicle if I continue to drive as is? Do you think it would be worth a shot in the dark replacing the pump (may be able to do it myself?)?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:51 PM

You can drive it in Shift position "M" the engine will stay on. The dealer scan tool can properly diagnose this but they will charge a bunch. You need to know if it is pump or controller.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Enthusiast

Salvage controller and OEM pump? The controller and pump are the same across the platform aren't they? I'm just worried about the clutch packs failing due to use.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 AM

There were some controller and pump wire connector changes. You need to make sure they plug in together.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhoneMan
Hi guys-

New to the forums. Read lots of post on here and the community seems very knowledgeable. Here's what I have going on: 2009 Escalade Hybrid, 75k miles, always dealer maintained. Recently I noticed the vehicle experiencing the "bump jerk" symptoms noted in a service bulletin that points to the Aux Trans pump or controller. Never had the issue before. Seems others on here have had similar phantom problems that never manifest codes.
Finally the check engine light came on (no service hybrid message, just the engine light) and the vehicle hasn't been going into auto stop. I put 600+ miles on the vehicle (with SES on no autostop), and yesterday, BOOM the system started functioning properly just out of nowhere...Like the issue was never even there. Back to the same issue today. When I take off after having the ignition off, the vehicle tries to go into auto stop and stalls almost immediately. I can mitigate this by moving the shift lever into the park position, then reverse which starts the engine, followed by drive. This process needs to be repeated each time the key is turned off. Once I do this, the vehicle won't try to autostop again until key off. I checked under the hood to ensure the 60 amp pump fuse was okay and making contact. Nothing on the floor blocking the battery fan and the mesh is clean inside the hybrid battery compartment. I'm reluctant to take the vehicle to a dealer because I purchased a warranty that goes into effect next month before this started happening. Is there a way to pull codes without taking it to a dealer? If it were a pump failure, I would imagine it wouldn't just start working out of nowhere... I'm thinking that it could be wire short issue, or controller, but wanted to get the pro's opinion.
Original owner of an '09 Escalade Hybrid with same symptoms. It's been acting like that for some time now. I just drive it in Manual nearly all the time. Mine has 182,000 miles on it though. Otherwise it drives great. Took it in to dealer today finally. All codes (which it clears by itself regularly) seem to come back to hybrid system. Should know more tomorrow. Will post back what they diagnose in case anyone is interested.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ms.scoobs
Original owner of an '09 Escalade Hybrid with same symptoms. It's been acting like that for some time now. I just drive it in Manual nearly all the time. Mine has 182,000 miles on it though. Otherwise it drives great. Took it in to dealer today finally. All codes (which it clears by itself regularly) seem to come back to hybrid system. Should know more tomorrow. Will post back what they diagnose in case anyone is interested.
Hi, my '09 Escalade Hybrid with about 106k miles has been exhibiting this issue for the past 1-2 years now intermittently. It happens more frequently now. Did you ever figure out/resolve the issue? Also, how many miles does your vehicle have now? thanks for your response.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joeb00gie
Hi, my '09 Escalade Hybrid with about 106k miles has been exhibiting this issue for the past 1-2 years now intermittently. It happens more frequently now. Did you ever figure out/resolve the issue? Also, how many miles does your vehicle have now? thanks for your response.
how old is the battery? the 12volt battery? at 106k the 300 volt battery should be at 20% or so left over should be able to get couple of blocks out of it still...

unfortunately the hybrid is heavily depended on the 12volt system ... so if there is a flaw even a minor flaw in one of the ground connections it can wreak havoc on the hybrid system....

the other day i cleaned my ground connections 3 of the 6 of them ( not the one that connects to the inverter )

I gained 0.1 volts on the 12 volt system 14.78 volts (at lest what the BCM is seeing ) instead of 14.65volts ... that was just a 1/2 donkey job with a heavy duty solvent but i'll have to get some tools to clean the connections better..(to remove them and reinstall)

i noticed one of the connections were damaged slightly
you can see how crusty the connections are..

I used rubbing alcohol 91% it's my preferred choice for electronics as it leaves no residue

DON"T use it on the engine if it's HOT and wait tell it drys before starting the engine as it's HIGHLY flammable!

imo the ground wire that is chain linked is under sized the one that connects from the inverter to the chassis is a bit beefy though but the one from the chassis to the engine to the battery(chain linked) seems under sized....

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 12-06-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

The 12V battery is probably at least 5 years old maybe even as old as 7 but I just asked my dealer to find out for sure...I will repost once I find out. Do you think I should just change it if it's reached a certain age?

Quick Reply: No AutoStop 2009 Hybrid Escalade

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands