post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

We need to get you a second career as a long term test driver. Or road patrol.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
We need to get you a second career as a long term test driver. Or road patrol.
please! sign me up? I know a guy from cadillac escalade forums that shipped his cadillac to europe and drove it there. when can I do that? any long terms testing for the z06 or zr1?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Z06 or ZR1? will need to install a cloaking device with your propensity to achieve "fun governor" speeds.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Z06 or ZR1? will need to install a cloaking device with your propensity to achieve "fun governor" speeds.
I might have to live close to Milton GM testing tracks

Old 11-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
please! sign me up? I know a guy from Cadillac escalade forums that shipped his Cadillac to Europe and drove it there. when can I do that? any long terms testing for the z06 or zr1?
It is incredibly rare to see a full size GM SUV in Europe, I have only seen 2-3 in 25+ years(other than US consulate cars). It is my dream to outfit the the Hybrid Tahoe with some insane setup(preferably twin turbo big block) and take it to the Nurburgring/Nordschleife. I have been there with many cars but a full size American SUV would make quite the impression and I would love to make that impression.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast

107k, Battery (Duralast brand held up for 3yr), Front wheel bearings replaced at 86k, and shocks need replacing, fronts especially. Tires could use replacing before first real snow-fall in Central NJ. Oh yeah, and a big scare with oil burning that is an on-going issue ONLY when on the highway doing long trips. If I stay local I'm a quart low every oil change (15k). I know there is something wrong with the engine but it's not "bad enough" to warrant any real action. Will likely need rings or a new shortblock and 300v battery to get her to 200k.
Oh yeah, and the **** Navi unit constantly searching is ticking me off. Thought I'd get used to it but I'm not and every passenger makes the same comment, "What is that noise?" With regards to seeking behavior of the DVD Nav, ugh. Very pleased with the truck. Tows really well and rides like a dream. Quieter than a typical Caddy... when in electric mode. hehe. Fantastic vehicle and so glad I got it.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jprevost
107k, Battery (Duralast brand held up for 3yr), Front wheel bearings replaced at 86k, and shocks need replacing, fronts especially. Tires could use replacing before first real snow-fall in Central NJ. Oh yeah, and a big scare with oil burning that is an on-going issue ONLY when on the highway doing long trips. If I stay local I'm a quart low every oil change (15k). I know there is something wrong with the engine but it's not "bad enough" to warrant any real action. Will likely need rings or a new shortblock and 300v battery to get her to 200k. Oh yeah, and the **** Navi unit constantly searching is ticking me off. Thought I'd get used to it but I'm not and every passenger makes the same comment, "What is that noise?" With regards to seeking behavior of the DVD Nav, ugh. Very pleased with the truck. Tows really well and rides like a dream. Quieter than a typical Caddy... when in electric mode. hehe. Fantastic vehicle and so glad I got it.
What oil did you use? I only used synthetic. It's a good thing the nav was replaced under warranty.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evois
What oil did you use? I only used synthetic. It's a good thing the nav was replaced under warranty.
The Navi wasn't replaced under warranty. I rarely use it now so I keep the disk in the sun visor CD wallet = no sound.
I use synthetic but am not brand loyal. Changed at the 10% oil life recommendation.
From what I've read online about the dual displacement modes of other V8's, there is a problem with oil consumption. I think it is the Impala's and G8's that have a recall to put in a splash shield or something in the oil pan.... I'm guessing our engines have the same problem but low count and we get ignored. I've already had my consumption test done before the warranty was up but it didn't consume enough to warrant a problem.... this is because I did city and hill driving. The instant I get on the highway for a longer trip I'll consume a quart in 1000 miles. It's pathetic that they don't recall these things. I'll deal with it.

Jon

Old 12-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I have 190k miles right now and don't have any oil issue. Can it be an oil pan leak? There is a TSB for that and a dealer replaced the gasket early when it only had 88k miles only. I don't use any oil even if the interval looks like 10k miles with 30% life left. Try to see whether it is an oil pan issue?

Old 12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

It's not a pan issue. When I was down 4 quarts after driving up to St. Lawrence River 18months ago the dealer looked and couldn't find any leaks. They filled it up, drove it around, still couldn't find a leak. Hence my oil consumption tests... which failed to be significant enough for new rings. Doing more research tells me that something with the highway mode (maybe lean burn open loop?) and AFM could be the cause. Very frustrating because I can't do long sustained highway trips to prove the oil consumption on the highway. Most of my trips are 15 minutes or less and max 55mph downhill. Oh well, that's what I get for purchasing used. You win some you lose some and I'm not afraid of doing rings. The engine itself has got to be a blessing without all those accessories attached to the front

Quick Reply: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands