post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

2009 Hybrid Tahoe ,I just clicked over 90k, purchased new @ Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix. so far so good, no major issues, just the typical failure of a few inferior made in china cheap parts.
Of course all four lock actuators failed(made in china), Passenger side folding mirror stripped(cheap plastic internals), and the dreaded dash crack at the passenger airbag.(still arguing with Chevy about this BS)
Replaced the stock garbage Bridgestones with 255/70 R18 Michelin LTX a/s, it rides better, handles better, gets slightly better fuel mileage, the reason for the size change is this is a much more common size than the stock 265/65 R18(I believe it is the stock size for toyota pickups), it doesn't affect the hybrid system or the speedo in the slightlest and I can get 80% tread takeoffs for $25 each.
Stock 12v battery died in the first year(not uncommon in our 115 degree heat), replaced it with an Optima red top spiral wound, much more suited for our heat, I usually get 4-5 years on these.
Rear windows tinted 2 x limo, front 20%(had 1 x limo, sick of getting harrassed even though I have a Waiver), windshield tinted 35% on bottom 3/4, 5% on top 1/4(love it, can't drive a car without it, plus no photo radar).
2 Lukas LK-7900 Blackbox HD GPS dash cameras(look them up, they are awesome, they will be factory stock soon). Hi-speed satellite internet uplink(29g down, 18g up). switched XM brain box to sirius Brain box(works with stock head unit), custom made black and white porcelain enamel Delaware Historic plate(custom made for Arizona, matches the hyhoe perfect) .
I get 24-25 MPG on the winter straight 100% gasoline here, drops to about 20 MPG when our great state switches to oxygenated summer blend June 1(10% ethanol, 15% MTBE, %75 gasoline), our summer blend kills all fuel MPG.(I stock pile 100% gasoline for my high performance cars)
Change the oil with full synthetic as recommended every 5-7K(Schaeffer brand, stopped using mobil when they went to hydrocracked grade III, can't even call that synthetic most places), Blackstone labs oil analysis every change(pulled analysis sample on diff, trans, and cooling @ 85K, clean as a whistle).
Full custom intake and exhaust(used most of the stock pieces, just massaged it to make it flow better with a stock appearance).
Use Sea Foam every 10K.
de-badged the day I got it(I prefer the clean european look).
replaced most exterior trim with black Absorbtion(anti LIDAR).
8 head high power laser interceptor(completely hidden).
55/85 watt HID hi/lo, 10K, stock tahoe housing replaced the internals so there is a razor sharp cut off (no blinding oncoming traffic).
Replaced all lights interior and exterior with Cree LED's(this was a B**ch, thanks chevy)
This is the first car that i've kept this long, i'm disappointed that they are going to stop making them(the Hybrid).

Last edited by hybrid-theory; 06-29-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: photos wouldnt open
Old 06-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Default Re: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get ther

it's still going to be available as an escalade.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast

I think it's funny to say, but your hybrid is sick. Looks great and love the anti LIDAR!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

i wanna see way more pic of the black tahoe above. very cool!

so how many of you guys are having the door lock issue, and how many having the cracked dash issue?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I replaced all but one, but that one has just crapped out (well 50% reliable) at 5 years now. Never heard of a dash crack issue, but ten minutes before reading this thread, I was getting out of the car and saw my dash is cracked just to the left of the instrument panel hump. Not horrible looking, but it is now on "the list" for anti-entropy work...

Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

Make sure to check out this page for the repair on the door lock actuators :

http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/...category_id=62

And there is a facebook page for the cracked dash issue. Its as widespread as the lock actuators. GM seems to be using the same strategy a the faulty door locks : hope the internet cord gets kicked out of the wall.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. I always start by pressuring the dealer first...

Old 07-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Administrator

I have all actuators replaced under warranty. now it has been trouble free. actuator is not limited to GM. my Honda pilot had all actuators replaced as well. bane of powerlocks.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DVSSRT8
Well I have 92k miles and only owned it for a couple of months and its been the worst vehicle I've ever owned. After driving it home the vehicle jolt chugs and shudder every other day. Then it finally breaks down and had a misfire in the number 4 cyl. So I took it to the dealer and figure that was causing the jolt chug and shuddering problem and the problem is still there after they found that the number 4 intake lifter failed. I brought it back to the dealer after one day of driving and it started to jolt again. They said they could not do anything until it threw a check engine so I called GM and gave them a piece of my mind and I should be expecting a call from their manager within 24hrs to resolve this problem.So 100k I might not get there or sell this thing before then if the problem cannot be solved.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm looking at buying a 08 and would like to know if u kept up and what u now think about them? Ty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: post if you have 100k miles in your GM hybrid and what issues you had to get there!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands