Preventative Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Preventative Maintenance

I'm at 135K miles(original owner) and I wanted to hear what preventative maintenance everyone else would do at this point to make it another 100K+ miles? I will chime in with what I have already done but I wanted other opinions.

Last edited by hybrid-theory; 01-05-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Administrator

I did a complete fluid change in my previous hybrid. OEM tranny oil, OEM transaxle fluid, differential fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Preventative Maintenance

Originally Posted by evois
I did a complete fluid change in my previous hybrid. OEM tranny oil, OEM transaxle fluid, differential fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc.
I did the transmission fluid at 100K, I have 2wd so no trans axle, did the differential @ 100K, did both coolant systems at 100K(the Hybrid has 2 separate cooling systems).
I haven't done the Brake fluid yet being is super dry Arizona(Brake fluid is hygroscopic , which is why it needs to be changed), I think I may change the brake fluid soon anyways. I also did the spark plugs & wires at 100K, and changed both motor mounts(they were shot). I also replaced the oil pan gasket and trued the oil pan(it was seeping ever so slightly & appeared to be cockeyed from the factory), and because I had to remove the auxiliary transmission pump to get the oil pan off, I changed that too(I didn't like the way it looked and I didn't want any issues)