Sad day:(. Traded my beloved 2009 hybrid escalade

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hybrid-theory
What were your main reasons for trading it in? Were you getting concerned about the higher mileage? I have looked at the new ones, and yes they are nice(and new) but not like "Wow, gotta have" nicer. PS, I can't imagine living anywhere where it snows-lol, I don't even drive my Tahoe when it rains, I have probably driven it less than 6 times in the rain.(I have a rainy day car).
Not concerned about high mileage because I know it will last. New battery, new tires, new brakes, etc and only mobil 1 EP used. But my rate of driving, once it hits 200k miles I think the trade in will even substantially drop if it can even be traded. Oh new MRC shocks and air compressor too!

Plus the driver aids on the new one.

Last edited by evois; 02-04-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Xpel just installed

Attached Thumbnails Sad day:(. Traded my beloved 2009 hybrid escalade-image-1981872459.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sad day:(. Traded my beloved 2009 hybrid escalade

Hi

I recently purchases a 2009 Hybrid and is concerned with the fuel mileage. It si almost twice the rated 21mpg combined. The dealer says that winter can cause that and that once there is no service hybrid system message - they cannot do anything. The warranty fo rthe Hybrid system will also end soon. How do i ensure that the hybrid system really works? We have driven the vehicle for a month - almost daily - we see the Auto Stop sometimes, battery charging often and hybrid power sometimes. But what is strange is that in park - the engine is on instead of battery power.
Thanks

Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by potalo
Hi I recently purchases a 2009 Hybrid and is concerned with the fuel mileage. It si almost twice the rated 21mpg combined. The dealer says that winter can cause that and that once there is no service hybrid system message - they cannot do anything. The warranty fo rthe Hybrid system will also end soon. How do i ensure that the hybrid system really works? We have driven the vehicle for a month - almost daily - we see the Auto Stop sometimes, battery charging often and hybrid power sometimes. But what is strange is that in park - the engine is on instead of battery power. Thanks
If you click the DIC or driver info and open the hybrid screen it should cycle between Autostop and idling. That autostop can continue indefinitely without harm to the engine. How many miles? Hybrid system from battery to electric propulsion is warranted until 8years/100k miles. Have it checked by hybrid capable dealer and get a complete printout about the hybrid system. Not just a battery check. Congrats!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

98176Miles. I have had a few terrible experiences since i bought it just over a month
DIC message - service suspension
Parking brake not working - seized
No parking brake light on dash when brake is engaged -Last week - "service power steering" when it suddenly locked up on me after re-starting in a parking lot.Now at the dealer with a $2500 bill for new steering motor and rack and pinion.
That is why I am anxious to get the Hybrid system operating right. dealer says - there are no Hybrid service message but once they get the steering fixed they will take it for a drive with the "shop foreman and hook up to see how it is performing". It seems to me like the Hybrid system is not working properly but because no messages are not coming on the DIC - they will do nothing and the warranty will expire. I will ask for a complete print out - like u said.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Administrator

They don't need to drive it to get a readout. As long as it's starting and running they should get it.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What have the outside temperatures been since you picked it up? These vehicles will Auto-Stop and operate electric from Death Valley to Prudhoe Bay. The time and speeds to get there all depend on temperatures. The engine will warm up from 0F in 5 to 10 minutes. If that's all you drive, you will have heat but the transmission oil and the NiMh battery CHEMISTRY won't.

A battery under that middle row seat can take an hour to warm up enough if cold enough upon start. The DIC will tell you transmission temperature. No electric "boogie" with trans under 90F in summer, let alone in winter.

If you are driving short commutes, less than 15 miles between key cycles, this was NOT the vehicle for temperatures under 75F.

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 02-06-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Enthusiast

Very nice upgrade.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
What have the outside temperatures been since you picked it up? These vehicles will Auto-Stop and operate electric from Death Valley to Prudhoe Bay. The time and speeds to get there all depend on temperatures. The engine will warm up from 0F in 5 to 10 minutes. If that's all you drive, you will have heat but the transmission oil and the NiMh battery CHEMISTRY won't. A battery under that middle row seat can take an hour to warm up enough if cold enough upon start. The DIC will tell you transmission temperature. No electric "boogie" with trans under 90F in summer, let alone in winter. If you are driving short commutes, less than 15 miles between key cycles, this was NOT the vehicle for temperatures under 75F.
My hybrid did not have any problems in MI winters. So yeah it can be in Death Valley or the UP without any change in driving.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kskcheche
Very nice upgrade.
Thanks! Not the same mileage though

Quick Reply: Sad day:(. Traded my beloved 2009 hybrid escalade

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands