scan gauge codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: scan gauge codes

Originally Posted by ChrisDBrown

The only down side to the scan gauge is finding a good mount on the Silverado.
No problem at all there. You want something called a Blendmount. One place to find them is on Ebay - e.g. http://tinyurl.com/7urmnrz. I think there are actually a number of different places and vendors who sell this.

Make sure you get one that attaches to the round barrel of our mirror holders. You can run the cable beneath the roof material and down under the pillar cover. I ran mine down the passenger side pillar and then under the dash to the OBDII port using the extension cable and coupler that came with my Blendmount. Makes a seamless install.

I actually have two Blendmounts - one over the mirror for the Scangauge and one under for the ValentineOne.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
K-9 UNIT

Thanks for all of the input! I can identify all of the problems you mentioned as related to the firmware version of your scan gauge. You can send it to them for a very quick upgrade that will fix most of the problems you identified. One, for example is the blank gauges. Prior to the current firmware it could only display one value per module. The value of 650 is way off. That is also a math error on the older versions.

The DPA and CPA will vary when you first start the vehicle cold. once it reaches 32 and 30 it stays that way for a while. I am gathering data on it to determine how it could be useful. I believe that it relates to when the vehicle is capable of battery mode. lowest so far when in battery mode is 23.3 20.7 and CTA of 60 degrees. I need to separate the DPA and CPA from the temp still.

At idle the SOC will drop to 42% as you indicated.

71.0 amps @ 20 MPH is the highest discharge I have seen without switching over to gas. At higher speeds I have seen 66.6 as it switched on three different occasions that I recorded. Part of the problem is the slow refresh rate on the CANSF BUS.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I actually just got my gauge back from getting updated. It is now at firmware 4.06, I believe.

The biggest change I've seen in with the HBA, as you suggest. I'll post some more data in a few days, but the absolute values seem to be much smaller. On my gauge, charging is a negative number and drain is a positive number - which is a bit strange. With the update, it does look like a slight application of the brakes increases the amperage flow to the battery. I'll try and track this and post later.

The DPA and CPA act exactly as you describe. I had previous just not switch over to them at start.

The H1T still appears blank - have to reprogram a bunch of the other gauges, then will have a more complete picture.

Too bad there are only 25 Xgauges - it would be nice to be able to cycle through all of the cell health gauges without having to reprogram for some.

Thanks again for your work! Very cool to see what exactly is going on.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You should be able to hit 100 amps on some brake applications.

~ 30 kW

The battery pack does send a minimum and a maximum of ALL those voltages. If you get those scan codes you realy only need those 2. The overall health will be indicated by temperature sensitivity and the difference between min and max voltage. Scanning all of them is too distracting.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 AM
K-9 UNIT

LakeSilverado,

I was trying to find the error that may have caused trouble with your H1T gauge. Can I assume that H1T means M1T (hybrid battery module 1 temp)? If so, it works for me. could you double check that you have entered the data correctly? If that doesn't work I will Investigate further. Thanks

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
I actually just got my gauge back from getting updated. It is now at firmware 4.06, I believe.

The biggest change I've seen in with the HBA, as you suggest. I'll post some more data in a few days, but the absolute values seem to be much smaller. On my gauge, charging is a negative number and drain is a positive number - which is a bit strange. With the update, it does look like a slight application of the brakes increases the amperage flow to the battery. I'll try and track this and post later.

The DPA and CPA act exactly as you describe. I had previous just not switch over to them at start.

The H1T still appears blank - have to reprogram a bunch of the other gauges, then will have a more complete picture.

Too bad there are only 25 Xgauges - it would be nice to be able to cycle through all of the cell health gauges without having to reprogram for some.

Thanks again for your work! Very cool to see what exactly is going on.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
K-9 UNIT

Hillbilly,

It sounds like you have some great info. Could you share some actual information with us?

"The battery pack does send a minimum and a maximum of ALL those voltages."

That would be the Hybrid battery pack (?) sends a minimum and maximum off ALL what voltages? Do you mean the Hybrid battery Module sends a minimum and maximum of all of the cell voltages? I am aware of the average voltage value, but this is real time, not max and min. Wouldn't max and min be a statistic, not a value? If you any info on this value, perhaps we could all check it out.

"If you get those scan codes you realy only need those 2."

What two? One minimum and one maximum?

"The overall health will be indicated by temperature sensitivity"

Can you define temperature sensitivity?

"and the difference between min and max voltage. Scanning all of them is too distracting."

It certainly is distracting! I have found that the best way is to look at 4 cells at a time over the course of a trip. The relevant numbers would be voltage under load and charged voltage or voltage not running (standing voltage).

Thank you in advance for your help.

I am sure everyone looks forward to hearing you elaborate so that we can put this to work.

JT

Old 05-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Winchester_Fire
LakeSilverado,

I was trying to find the error that may have caused trouble with your H1T gauge. Can I assume that H1T means M1T (hybrid battery module 1 temp)? If so, it works for me. could you double check that you have entered the data correctly? If that doesn't work I will Investigate further. Thanks
Hi Winchester -

Yes - the Hybrid battery module temperatures (H1T - H4T) all just come up blank for me. I double checked my values and all look the same as you posted.

The most interesting gauge - the SOC - has a major change since the upgrade of firmware from 3.x to 4.06. The min/max values are in the 100 amp range (as should be expected from other posts), and since the firmware update, when brakes are slightly applied, you can now see the proper regeneration amperage flowing to the battery.

It's great to have some extra info on what is happening to the car.

Ultimately the big question is - with the extra info am I able to learn to squeeze a little more MPG out of the system. Still trying to learn and understand how I can do that with the new information. Certainly the Prius's output information can help the drive get another 10-25% MPG increase, so I'm hoping for the same with the Silverado.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry about the delay folks but I got involved in some other stuff. There is alot of data on those wires your scanners plug in to that is always there.

Most of the information you are scanning for is not present unless your scan tool sends a "special" request and the processor responds.

These data are there for free if you listen to the proper message.

The min ans max of the 20 cell voltmeters. Simply the highest individual volt reading minus the lowest individual. The overall delta is a good indicator of overall health. Not a statistic unless you record and study the delta.

The min and max of the 4 cell temp sensors. Again large delta indicates a gradient or maybe a hot spot.

Overall pack voltage.
Pack amps.
SOC.
And charge and discharge limits.

I prefer looking at the passive or free data. When your scanner "pings" for data, sending a special request like the 20 individual volt meter data, it adds to the work the processor needs to do. It adds to the serial data bus message traffic and message loading. Sometimes too much "pinging" or a badly constructed "ping" message can cause a data fault and then you get blinkin lights and "Ding ding ding.

More later.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Winchester -

When you get a chance - could you check the following codes:

BOT - Battery Outlet Temperature
When I replug this in, I get a blank value (must have mistyped before the upgrade, as the value I did get before seemed too high)

MIN/CTA - Battery Cell Temp Min and Average
These appear to be the same values, so one can't be correct

M1T through M4T - these all come up blank for me

Many thanks.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:10 PM
K-9 UNIT

Max Battery Pack Voltage (Volts)
TXD: 07E72240EB
RXF: 0462854006EB
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: MAX

Min Battery Pack Voltage (Volts)
TXD: 07E72240EC
RXF: 0462854006EC
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: MIN

Quick Reply: scan gauge codes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands