Simple Hybrid Tip

Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Simple Hybrid Tip

Checking my oil the other day it occurred to me how difficult it was to find the dipstick hole when putting the dipstick back in since it is tucked down low by the Hybrid electrical box. My solution was to take a white paint stick and put a white band around the top of the dipstick tube, with a little ring on the top edge. Much easier now. My small contribution to a great site.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Administrator

I usually keep a flashlight or my iPhone flashlight handy

Old 03-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Simple Hybrid Tip

Originally Posted by lt1gmc
Checking my oil the other day it occurred to me how difficult it was to find the dipstick hole when putting the dipstick back in since it is tucked down low by the Hybrid electrical box. My solution was to take a white paint stick and put a white band around the top of the dipstick tube, with a little ring on the top edge. Much easier now. My small contribution to a great site.
At least the Tahoe Hybrid still has a dip stick, my newer BMW's (and probably other makes) don't even have a dipstick.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Simple Hybrid Tip

Originally Posted by hybrid-theory
At least the Tahoe Hybrid still has a dip stick, my newer BMW's (and probably other makes) don't even have a dipstick.
yes it is!