Tach shows Off in Auto Stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Tach shows Off in Auto Stop

Hi all,

First of all, thank you all for your discussion and information sharing on this forum. This is, by far, the most information I could find on the GM Hybrid trucks and help in my decision to buy my truck.

Bought an '09 Tahoe Hybrid with about 128k miles on the clock back in September. Had to replace the oil pressure sensor (and screen filter) last month. Love the truck and it's running great.

I have noticed, though, that when in Auto Stop, the tach falls all the way to OFF, rather than staying at AUTO STOP. It has been this way since I bought the truck, and I didn't know any better at first. It may also be affecting the accuracy of the tach when the engine is running, but I haven't verified this yet. Has anyone seen this issue or have thought on what might be the cause?

Also, the oil pressure gauge also stays at the same level (usually 40-60ish) when in Auto Stop, rather than dropping to zero. I assume this is related to the tach since it's all in the instrument cluster. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tach shows Off in Auto Stop

That information gets to the instrument cluster via serial data line. Could be a cluster issue.