thanks cadillac escalade hybrid! thanks onstar!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Default thanks cadillac escalade hybrid! thanks onstar!

thanks cadillac escalade hybrid! thanks onstar!

if pictures would do justice, this is it! thanks for the Cadillac escalade hybrid 4wd, onstar for their help and the amazing feat and mileage range of the hybrid. last weekend, the Midwest was hammered by a last show of winter when IL and IN were blasted with at least 18 inches and more of snow in the middle of the night and basically blowing whiteout snow to the plains.

fourth pic shows how semi's try to outdo each other and of course blocking the I-57 south of champaign, IL when they know that they cannot tackle an uphill bridge in snow and ice. faced to complete the travel in time, decided to call onstar and a call to the IL state police by onstar confirmed hours of standstill-probably until morning before any progress would happen. Asked onstar to direct me to the backroads and relying on the onstar guidance and the 400-500 mile fuel range of the hybrid coupled with its superb navigation and 4WD system I was all set and tackled the arduous trek to the snowy belt where I saw reckless semi's in the flats as well as several vehicles in the ditch.

all in all made good time though three hours later due to the reroute to indy and the continuing snow, ice and basically slick condition.

Attached Thumbnails thanks cadillac escalade hybrid!  thanks onstar!-photo-4-.jpg   thanks cadillac escalade hybrid!  thanks onstar!-photo.png   thanks cadillac escalade hybrid!  thanks onstar!-photo-3-.jpg   thanks cadillac escalade hybrid!  thanks onstar!-photo-5-.jpg  

Last edited by evois; 08-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: thanks cadillac escalade hybrid! thanks onstar!

great story thanks for sharing......makes me want to use onstar nav more!