Who also has an electric car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Who also has an electric car?

Just brought home a 2012 Volt w/Low Emissions package for California. Have it parked next to the 'hoe.
It is really, really cool to take a long drive and never have the engine come on, no matter how hard you press the accelerator (can't call it a gas) pedal.

BTW, haven't been on the board, as the 'hoe has 77K miles and absolutely nothing has gone wrong. It is still driving like new and the brakes are even original and still in great shape. I'm on my third set of tires, but all I've done is change the oil once in a while.

Love my Chevys!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who also has an electric car?

Congratulations on your new Volt fjungman! Enjoy! If you have any questions please feel free to give our Volt Advisor Team a call at any time!

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
877-486-5846
voltsocialmedia@gm.com

Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Administrator

I went the different route. I test drove the volt and like it but need an another SUV. I still have the escalade hybrid and will be awaiting the redesign before getting another two mode hybrid. Instead, I got a totally opposite non-hybrid vehicle, a new range rover sport hse. I guess the fuel efficiency of my escalade will keep my fuel consumption at bay

Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM
FLY NAVY!

I don't have one but if I did i would choose the volt hands down. I think it is the first REALISTIC approach to an electric that you can actually drive on a trip. Now if the dealers would get on the bandwagon and push them.....

Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Third set of tires sounds about right depending on your rotation habits and propensity to run on "may-pops".

The brake pads should go well into the 140,000 plus mile range if you don't let it sit near a Michigan winter salted road and have rotors get "lot rot".

Great news from all... well maybe not the Rage Rover.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
FLY NAVY!

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Third set of tires sounds about right depending on your rotation habits and propensity to run on "may-pops".

The brake pads should go well into the 140,000 plus mile range if you don't let it sit near a Michigan winter salted road and have rotors get "lot rot".

Great news from all... well maybe not the Rage Rover.
I agree on the rover...I had two of them (classics) over the years. You can't beat them off road but at 12-14 mpg and the fact that they are so slow you have to drive a stake in the ground to measure movement killed them for me. I could not ever figure out why the performance was so bad as the potential performance was all there but even with mods you just could not get hp out of them...I almost bought an overfinch kit to install a gm engine in my second one but the trans is also too weak.