Yukon Hybrid Fog light addition

Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Hybrid Fog light addition

That looks sweet!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know where the wire for the "stock" fog lights are? There's a fuze in the fuze box and a relay. I know there isn't a switch, but I'd imagine the harness is there behind the switch if you were to replace it with one that had a fog light option... ?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 AM
aka soulsea

Does this help?

It's from a non hybrid tahoe but I'm pretty sure the harnessing/wiring is the same.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HyHoe
Does this help?

It's from a non hybrid tahoe but I'm pretty sure the harnessing/wiring is the same.
No, but thanks. I already have the schematic. I'm looking for the wire that comes out of the fuse box. I thought the harnesses would be either the same or very similar in that respect, but who knows with these hybrids? There's so much more wiring for the hybrid system, so I'm not sure if the wires are there to basically plug-and-play some lights. I was up under there rootin' around and I couldn't see any. I wish I still had my 07 Hoe so I could see what trunk they run from...

Thanks again!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 AM
aka soulsea

From what I remember from my retrofit, the headlamp wiring is identical on the hybrids as in the regular tahoes.

For the tahoes that don't come stock with fogs like the LS, one can buy the accessory fog light addition (GM part number 19157652), which includes the lamps and the dash switch. So since it is plug and play in this respect, I would assume that all the rest past the switch is the same.

I'm not sure I'm helping.

If you want I still have my alldatadiy account active with the 09 hybrid on it ... I can see if I can find additional schematics for you?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast

Alldata is a great resource! And you are helping

The schematics are nice, but I need to see where the wires actually stub out of the harness, assuming the wires are in-fact even there, so I can tap in... If anyone has a pic of the fog-light wiring behind the bumper or where it comes from, that'd answer my question.

Maybe I'll peek under someone's bumper in a Walmart parking lot

Btw HyHoe, even though chrome isn't my thing, that's a bada$$ rig!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

Any idea on just the switch? And do you know if it is an on/off switch, or is it the computer controlled type that resets every time the key is pulled?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
aka soulsea

Originally Posted by WhiteNet
Alldata is a great resource! And you are helping

The schematics are nice, but I need to see where the wires actually stub out of the harness, assuming the wires are in-fact even there, so I can tap in... If anyone has a pic of the fog-light wiring behind the bumper or where it comes from, that'd answer my question.

Maybe I'll peek under someone's bumper in a Walmart parking lot

Btw HyHoe, even though chrome isn't my thing, that's a bada$$ rig!
Well, in a exactly one week the bumper will be off of my Denali and I can take pics if you want ... however I'm not sure that it's the same as the Tahoe since the headlamps are a completely different setup. But the fog wiring might be similar tho. Let me know if that would help.

Are you complimenting the ol' hyhoe or the new denali?
Either way, much appreciated.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 AM
aka soulsea

Originally Posted by WhiteNet
Any idea on just the switch? And do you know if it is an on/off switch, or is it the computer controlled type that resets every time the key is pulled?
The fog switch on my Denali is just a button below the dome switch ... like the dome switch it doesn't stay pressed gown if you know what I mean. Basically you press it, fogs come on, and the whole thing resets when you take the key out.

Is that what you meant?

I apologize, my electrical skills are less than existent.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Enthusiast

I was referring to the HyHoe, but why not both!

The pics when you yank the bumper would be great! Especially if you can include the trunk of the harness where the fog light wires stub out but don't go out of your way.. Chances are that I'll have yanked my bumper off by then lol.

Also, not sure if they changed the dome switch for the 09's, but mine is an on/off switch. You can barely see how when depressed, it stays pushed in just a lil bit. Didn't know how the fog switch was, and I couldn't remember from my 07 LTZ. Think I could turn a dome switch upside down? Haha, might have to make an adapter for the wiring and maybe the mount, but without taking the switch apart it looks childishly feasible! (what's the easiest way to pull that switch assembly out?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yukon Hybrid Fog light addition

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands