Yukon Hybrid Hesitation - an open letter to GMC

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Hybrid Hesitation - an open letter to GMC

Beckel, did the trans aux pump resolve your issue?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

No person has ever figured this out on my vehicle. It has been at two dealers for a week each (one was very nice and reflashed every module with current software, the other were pissants). It has been to independent mechanics. I finally got the throttle body update for throwing codes but when it does the hesitate/chug thing it does not throw codes. Dealers say they don't see it but it does it every day after work if the temperature is above 40 degrees and below, say, 70. It can be scary because you don't know when it will start to listen to the throttle again and I've been forced to two-foot the brake to avoid disaster. My fear is this is in the transmission or ECU and will finally result in catastrophic failure when I am out somewhere far away.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone have an updated link for the below TSB? It doesn't seem to work any longer?...

Originally Posted by beckel2013
Thanks Erica - I think we are making progress. The Dealership called this morning stating that they have located what they believe to be the problem. It appears that the transmission auxillary pump / module is likely the issue. The issue we are having is described perfectly in this TSB and once I got the dealership to stop saying this was "normal hybrid behavior" and listen to my concern...we are getting somewhere. Fingers crossed that this fixes it!

http://www.archivedsites.com/techlin...diagnosis.html

Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beckel2013
Dear GMC -

My Wife and I purchased a 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid from Covert GMC in Austin Texas in February of this year. The vehicle was supposedly "Certified Pre-Owned" but within 100 miles of picking up the vehicle we had to return it to Covert for a broken winshield washer pump, a leaking front windshield, leaking rear hatch, broken drivers seat track, etc. So much for your certified pre-owned "inspection" process. Also, Covert was kind enough to charge my warranty (that I bought with the vehicle the preceding week) for the work that rightfully should have been covered under the certified pre-owned inspection. I am pretty sure that is a violation of the warranty companies T&C's.

That aside, what is most troubling is the hesitiation, stalling, stumbling or whatever you would like to call it that oocurs on the truck from time to time.

The problem occurs on an irregular basis but results in the engine revving to 2K or higher RPMs and a very slow creep. This is extraordinarily dangerous if you are attempting a left hand turn or cutting across a roadway. Despite the MULTIPLE threads on this site describing the EXACT same problem...no one at GMC has been able to "duplicate" the issue and henceforth the problem has left me with a vehicle that my wife is afraid to drive.

I am firmly convinced that I am not the only owner experiencing this issue and that as an owner community we should be reaching out the NTSB on this concern. The NTSB has forced recalls on much less serious issues and I am sure they would be interested to hear our stories.

This will be my last GM vehicle and my last vehicle from the Covert family of dealerships.

Brian