Yukon Taillight Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:08 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Yukon Taillight Replacement

Accidentally posted this in the general GM section and I didn't get any hits on it, so i'm posting it again here.

So after staying at a hotel over night I come out to find that my taillight has a hole in the casing. Looks like someone hit it or something so I'm pretty mad. Fortunately, I found the piece of plastic missing so I can glue to back together how it won't look too pretty. So I'm wondering where I can find a replacement. I know our taillights are a weird Tahoe/LED hybrid light but can't find them anywhere. Anybody know where I can find the part number? Also can any aftermarket lights work or does it have to be Hybrid specific? I wouldn't mind some Escalade LED's but I thought I saw somewhere that they won't fit because Hybrid models are different somehow. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!

Old 03-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Taillight Replacement

The LEDs are hybrid specific. You can use non hybrid ones. The aerodynamics "butt flaps" may not look quite right using non-hybrid lenses

Old 03-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Taillight Replacement

They are LED on the hybrids and they are available(but expensive), I cracked one of mine and ordered a replacement online from a dealer in Texas(which I'm pretty sure he had to order it from a main GM parts center in Vegas), it was like $200+, The Non-hybrid ones are regular filament bulbs and if I recall correctly the wiring plugs are different size and length, I was going to use a regular one until the replacement came in but it wouldn't plug in(and the wires were too short), believe it or not on the hybrid the tail light wires are like two feet long and plug in down by the resonator.