Alternative Fuel Vehicles Running biodiesel, E85, Natural Gas, Propane? Chat here!

Oil and Investment

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Oil and Investment

Oil industry is experiencing a flurry of activity and interest from the investors of the world.

Last edited by MikeWalker; 01-23-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Default Re: Oil and Investment

This post provided courtesy of the Oil and Gas Industry because of course what every hybrid owner wants is to shovel more money into the pockets of greedy energy execs.

Ooooooohhhhh!! 650% return.

I'm gonna make millions!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Enthusiast

I absolutely agree to the post... This is true... Actually, its happening now. Almost every week oil companies raise their price. They said because they also got the oil from a high price etc. Does their stock (which they bought it in a cheaper price) run out every week?

Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by josh27
I absolutely agree to the post... This is true... Actually, its happening now. Almost every week oil companies raise their price. They said because they also got the oil from a high price etc. Does their stock (which they bought it in a cheaper price) run out every week?
The issue is speculation trading on Wall Street. Regulation appears to be missing.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Enthusiast

Agreed, this is a forum for those who would like to use less oil, and let's all hope that the world indeed uses less oil.

I think what matters is the time frame.

Let's look at some stats. The world consumes about 85 million barrels of crude every day; that'd translate to about 1 trillion gallons per year (1 bbl = 42 gallons). The current biofuel supply is about 15 billion gallons a year, that is about 1.5% of the total requirement.

Whatever number you apply to biofuel growth and EV/PHEV growth, it is inevitable that our generation would necessarily dependent on oil.

Will this necessarily mean highly profitable oil companies? Depends on which companies you talk about and a host of other factors - marginal cost of extracting oil (which is increasing everyday), governmental regulations (which are not exactly oil-company friendly these days) and more.

Most important, many investors simply might not want to invest in oil companies, profits or no profits. For them, the world does not go around only for money

Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Enthusiast

Agreed, this is a forum for those who would like to use less oil, and let's all hope that the world indeed uses less oil.

I think what matters is the time frame.

Let's look at some stats. The world consumes about 85 million barrels of crude every day; that'd translate to about 1 trillion gallons per year (1 bbl = 42 gallons). The current biofuel supply is about 15 billion gallons a year, that is about 1.5% of the total requirement.

Whatever number you apply to biofuel growth and EV/PHEV growth, it is inevitable that our generation would necessarily dependent on oil.

Will this necessarily mean highly profitable oil companies? Depends on which companies you talk about and a host of other factors - marginal cost of extracting oil (which is increasing everyday), governmental regulations (which are not exactly oil-company friendly these days) and more.

Most important, many investors simply might not want to invest in oil companies, profits or no profits. For them, the world does not go around only for money