Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

New Moderator

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Site Founder
Default New Moderator

We have a new moderator at GreenHybrid! Everyone, please congratulate lakedude, who has been promoted after his great contributions to the community.

On the flip-side, Mike will be leaving the team and spearheading his Ford Escape Hybrid group. I wish him the best and hope he remains a valuable asset to this site.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Moderator

Hi Lakedude:

___Congratulations indeed!

___On the flip side, I will miss Mike given his additions to the Escape Hybrid forums.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-24-2005, 03:30 PM

Congratulations!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Banned

Congratulations lakedude!

Being one at a pet forum myself, moderators at Greenhybrid help deal with the activity as it grows. It's not just the policing, but the promotion of the forum.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Thanks all.

This is my first mod job so some help will be more than welcome. This is a great site with great people, I hope I can measure up.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

LakeDude, congrats and thanks for taking on the assignment.

I remember one memorable thread wherein you harrangued people for posting poor FE results. I still smile when I think of it. From a Corvette owner no less !!

You'll do GREAT

Old 07-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lakedude! You've turned blue! Bold and blue! I don't know exactly what harrangued means but it doesn't sound pleasant. Please don't harraungue me! I promise I will be good!

Congrats! Jason has chosen well. He often shows wisdom beyond his years.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by EricGo
LakeDude, congrats and thanks for taking on the assignment.

I remember one memorable thread wherein you harrangued people for posting poor FE results. I still smile when I think of it. From a Corvette owner no less !!

You'll do GREAT
Yikes! That "memorable" thread is not one of my prouder moments. That was some of the old me slipping in. Not too long ago I was a lot more confrontational and a lot more rude. Back then it was me causing causing problems for the mods and getting warnings and even getting a short ban for one drunken post (on a different board). My past make this promotion an even bigger honor (to me). Please PM me if you need any help with anything like a post edit or to report trouble.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by krousdb
I don't know exactly what harrangued means but it doesn't sound pleasant. Please don't harraungue me! I promise I will be good!
ha·rangue ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h-rng)
n.
  1. A long pompous speech, especially one delivered before a gathering.<
  2. A speech or piece of writing characterized by strong feeling or expression; a tirade. <
I kinda got on to the HAH drivers a while back when they were getting beat (MPG wise) by the FEH and my Vette.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Dan your mileage is amazing. You and Wayne have my well earned respect. Thanks again for the P&G tip.

It is funny because I had heard of P&G years ago because that is how they drive the solar cars for max range, I just never thought to use the technique till you brought it up again. Your fantastic mileage was quite the selling point.

Last edited by lakedude; 07-25-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats! I'm sure you will do fine. Enjoy your new job here.