Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Site Founder
Default Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Welp, it's time, my friends. Those of you who have known me for a while are aware that I'm moving from Orlando, Florida to Houston, Texas to attend Rice University on Friday the 12th. That's tomorrow.

It'll be a two-day drive and I most definitely won't have Internet access from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon when I move into my college dorm/suite. Even when I do regain access, it will be orientation week and I'll likely be on the site very little.

If there are any important issues, please contact me ASAP so I may resolve them immediately. Overall, I think things are going pretty darn well around here! The Real Hybrid Mileage Database 2.0 has been launched and is [as far as I know] bug-free. I've just implemented units conversion for displaying the data. You can change your units system in your User CP Options (Discuss section). When I get the time I'll go the whole mile and make automatic conversions for adding data, as well.

The site is more popular than ever, there's a wealth of information, a large crew of helpful members and moderators, almost 10 million miles logged and a myriad of hybrid photos. Thanks to you!

It's been great this past year and a half and I look forward to what I consider to be the next "phase" in my life. There are more great things ahead with this site and hybrid cars, so stay tuned! Thanks again and I should be back in heart and mind in a week or so!

Old 08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Good Luck and Smooth Sailing for you Jay-Dude.............Thanks for creating this very informative and innovative website.....

If you have any IT-related classes and get an assignment to create a website, then Voila you are already done !!!

Old 08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Yes, good luck in school. Stay away from women majoring in MRS.

Is there a reason the database is rounding down now? The Civic MT and Prius 2 were both at 48 before because 47.7 was rounded up. Now the system is rounding down?

Old 08-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
I've just implemented units conversion for displaying the data. You can change your units system in your User CP Options (Discuss section). When I get the time I'll go the whole mile and make automatic conversions for adding data, as well.
It might be a good idea to make a pop-up menu for choosing units instead of the link to the user CP for unregistered users, otherwise people have to register just to look at the graph in their native numbers... Looks good so far!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Site Founder

lakedude,
I know what the problem is and will look into it right now.
[edit] Fixed. [/edit]

Schwa,
When I have more time, which definitely isn't now

Last edited by Jason; 08-11-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good luck on your move Jason, I hope everything goes smoothly.

Billy

Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
lakedude,
I know what the problem is and will look into it right now.
[edit] Fixed. [/edit]

Schwa,
When I have more time, which definitely isn't now
Yup, just putting it out there. GL with all the moving and new school.

The solution to that problem seems to have leaked into the metric graph, it's rounding off to the nearest whole number now.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Site Founder

Should be fixed now. Checking and then signing off. Adios!

Old 08-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lakedude
Stay away from women majoring in MRS.
Don't worry about that one--not many of those here at Rice.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Banned

The best thing about moving to Houston at this time of the year, is fall is around the corner - the end of hot muggy summers and ozone days.

Quick Reply: Owner of GreenHybrid Moves to Houston

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands