Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Real Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Site Founder

After hours upon hours of work, I have completed a new addition to GreenHybrid. A real hybrid mileage database has been created for you to share, interpret, and store your mileage information. The main page contains a data chart of all your individual cars' averages, organized however you want. Soon there will be a graph of the data. You can add your own cars to your account and then add, edit, or delete mileage data. With each "trip" or tank, there are 9 variables to input and a couple free response textboxes for explanations in your own words. Visitors can visit a "detailed" page of your log to view all of your data from each tank.

The address is https://www.greenhybrid.com/explore/mileage/ Please add any data you have gathered thus far and watch the database grow! I will back up the information often to make sure it is safe.

Enjoy!

Old 02-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

got a syntax error....well, my cars not actually on the list, hey jason, since yah got alot of refugee's from echofans...could you add echo's and corolla's to the list?

Old 02-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Site Founder

Steve,

Sorry about that. I realized that none of the averages were weighted -- doh! So I was doing a little more scripting. It's fine now.

I messaged you about your car. You can't add data if the car isn't on the list! Perhaps I'll add non-hybrids for comparison LATER.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Site Founder

So you know, I realized I will have a small problem with the sorting. Until I figure it out, the sorting is not weighted, meaning that if a person were to drive 1000 miles with a temperature of 100 degrees and just 10 miles with a temperature of 50 degrees, sorting by temperature will actually be ordered using the 75 degrees instead of the practically 99.9 degrees it should be -- if that made any sense.

It displays properly onscreen, but may not be in the right order until I find a fix. Shouldn't be long.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jason,
A couple of things. When I added my first tank info (37.8 MPG) the average showed up as 46. Now that I have added all of my info, you show 46.8 average while my excel spreadsheet shows 46.2. Maybe it's the weighted average thing you mentioned.

Also, under driving time, I assume that you mean average trip time. You can only choose up to 240 minutes. I suspect you need to go up to 720.

It would also be good info to have a place for average speed, tire pressure, AC on/off and canned answers for driving strategy. These are all things that drive my MPG. A cumulative mileage would also be nice, displayed on the summary screen.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Site Founder

Thanks for the information. First off, I don't see why it would say your average is 39 instead of 46. It may have been a fluke as I edited the code, but I'll check on it. The averages you see ARE weighted, but it's just the sorting that may be messed up until I fix it (I know how, but it will take a bit).

As far as the trip time, I will go up to 720. It's hard to imagine an AVERAGE trip time that long unless they're on vacation. Remember, you'll have to go back and edit your entrees.

Old 02-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Site Founder

I fixed the average problem. The pages are now all weighted so that it is displayed correctly. Until krousdb and Jerry follow the directions I provided in a PM, their averages are appearing blank. Don't worry about it.

I'll increase the ime options in a minute.

Old 02-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Site Founder

Steve,

You got your wish! You can now add additional models besides hybrids. Enjoy!

Old 02-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

hip hip...horay!, hip hip horay!

Old 02-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Site Founder

Now you can stop bugging me I've made a lot of progress with it today!

Quick Reply: Real Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands