Our Announcements The latest official news from Electric Vehicle Forums. Reply only.

Real Mileage Database

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Enthusiast

this is great!

Old 03-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Contributor ($)

Would love to share my info but am still a little confused.

This is for recording single trips, correct?

Is there a way to record tankfuls?

Maybe I have not explored it enough yet.

An FAQ or something may help, too.

In any case, I'll post what I can.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Contributor ($)

Aha. I see it because much more self explanatory how to add items once click on "add new data".

I've got it now.

I was trying to understand it from just looking at the graph itslef.

Sorry!

Eric

Old 03-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have been adding tankfuls, although everyone else seems to be adding trips. The information is not very good for comparison if you are just adding trip info. We need LMPG info to be of any use.

Dan

Old 03-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Site Founder

Right. As soon as I have some time I'll make it a bit more clear. People need to realize that a "trip" is basically the time from when you get in a car to when you get out. A "tank" is what we're really looking for data for -- even if it's not exactly a tank, we're looking for an extended period for that data.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I feel honored to have the highest fuel economy on a segment shown in your database to date but Rick Reese has already posted entire tank mileages from various years that exceed mine by quite some distance. I hope you can arrange your SW Dbase to sort the entire history and have his Insight’s multiple 100 + mpg runs move up to the top of the list appropriately … I wonder when the rest of the Insighter’s are going to get over here and fill the list with the incredible numbers their own little beauty’s are capable of?

___Rick, your entire tank averages are nearing my sights with the warmer weather appearing here near Chicago … finally I can’t wait to see what your incoming 04 Prius will do with you behind the wheel!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Site Founder

xcel,

The purpose of the database is to show averages, not bests. I can easily get 500 mpg in my Prius by driving across the street.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Site Founder

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's database totals!
https://www.greenhybrid.com/explore/mileage/

Old 03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I can get infinite mileage in the Insight by pushing it across the street as well

___Oh boy … I think you had better create 2 or more databases then. One for personal bests over 25 - 50 miles and one for lmpg’s. There is also the problem of geographic location for those of us in the upper Midwest, Midwest, and Northeast having lower lmpg’s then those in the lower Midwest or southern stretches across the entire country because of the much colder temperatures driven in during the winter months.

___I do see all kinds of bests in there including my own to date. I am going to change my own numbers back to my current 77.3 lmpg in a few minutes.

___As for the Corolla and MDX, I don’t have their lmpg’s as I don’t keep them but I do know their respective personal bests

___After thinking about this, lmpg’s don’t change that often but I haven’t driven but a single day or two where it hasn’t changed given how short of time I have been behind the wheel. Personal bests on the other hand change very rarely and are a lot less work since you don’t have to update that information all the time.

___And as a final edit, I removed the Corolla but the MDX won’t disappear even though it shows up as being deleted above the edit data page after selecting “delete” in the pop up form?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributor ($)

If I go back and edit an entry, (adding additional comments), it moves that entry up to the top of the list. For example I entered something yesterday, but wanted to add the fact that it was raining. When I edited it this afternoon, it changed the entry date to March 2, although it was first entered on March 1.
I'm not sure if this matters. Just thought I'd point it out.

Quick Reply: Real Mileage Database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands