Blind Spot Warning Blocked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Blind Spot Warning Blocked?

In the 3 months I've owned it, my FFH has beeped and the dash says that the blind spot warning sensor is blocked on 3 different, widely-separated occasions. The yellow light on the driver's mirror goes on and stays on until I shut the car off and restart it. It seems to be an electrical glitch of some kind, though I have no idea where the sensor is or how it works. It's been early evening all the times, and not raining. Any ideas whazzup?

It looks like the Taurus has the same system. I'm not sure about the Escape.

Bob

Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Blind Spot Warning Blocked?

The sensors are in the rear quarter panel. In your owners manual you find the location.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

Ooh!.. check out my question! There is something around the road that trips the radar

Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast

Mine did this (drivers side) a few days ago, it was damp and rainy - okay since ...

Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

Happened to me again, this time it was dry out but very same place as before, passing a Best Buy (not in their parking lot, the street in front of the store, not sure if lots of TV's are set to the same channel or what) but it sounds like patrickg may be on to something.