Flat Towing a Hybrid (Ford Fusion or Lincoln MKZ)

Old 10-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Flat Towing a Hybrid (Ford Fusion or Lincoln MKZ)

I just purchased a 2011 Lincoln MKZ which the manual says is Flat Towable (all four wheels on the ground behind a motorhome). Are there any Ford Fusion folks out there that have flat towed their hybrid? I'm looking for someone that has "been there, done that".

I'm interested if there is anything else that needs to been done electrically with the vehicle to tow behind my motorhome.

Any thoughts greatly appreicated.

Thanks.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Default Re: Flat Towing a Hybrid (Ford Fusion or Lincoln MKZ)

Originally Posted by SpiritQuest
I just purchased a 2011 Lincoln MKZ which the manual says is Flat Towable (all four wheels on the ground behind a motorhome). Are there any Ford Fusion folks out there that have flat towed their hybrid? I'm looking for someone that has "been there, done that".

I'm interested if there is anything else that needs to been done electrically with the vehicle to tow behind my motorhome.

Any thoughts greatly appreicated.

Thanks.
The Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid and Lincoln Hybrid all have the same drivetrain and the eCVT is flat towable with no mods. Check the motor home and RV websites for more information and details on hook-ups, brakes and lights. You need an unprogrammed key to shift out of Park into Neutral so no one can steal the vehicle.

GaryG