Ford Sued over Fusion, C-Max Mileage Claims

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: Ford Sued over Fusion, C-Max Mileage Claims

The EPA designed the test that all automakers must use to measure mileage. If the test does not generate real world numbers, then the EPA needs to revise the test. They have done this in the past when numbers were out of wack. I don't see the point in blaming Ford, as they are simply following the law.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

At 1700 miles I got 45.2 MPG over a 205 mile round trip. Some heavy Atlanta traffic and some 70+ MPH highway. I know 47 MPG is reasonable for the EPA test cycle.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Ford Sued over Fusion, C-Max Mileage Claims

Red,

Sounds like you and I are on the same page as far as Ford's Hybrid Fusion milage claims. Yesterday for kicks and giggles I reset my milage calculator/trip odometer (again) to see if I could do better than my current average of 45.7 MPG. The 45.7 was reflective/average for the past 6,200 miles. After the reset I drove approx 50 miles (State & county highways) and achieved a 53.4MPG for the same.

If there are others having problems achieving 40+ MPG they need to relearn how to drive.

Even my wife, whom has a lead foot, has driven the vehicle approx 2,500 of the above miles...and we still were able to achieve the above results.

Very happy!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast

Question: Do the 2013 Fusion hybrids have louvers behind the front grill that shut during cold weather, and or, highway speed driving?

The reason I ask is the 2013 Fusions have a large front grill. Without louvers, it seems to me, the engine compartment would loose a substantial amount of heat especially while in electric mode. Seems that this could explain the problem with poor fuel economy in the cold.

(i just purchased a 2013 Lincoln MKZ hybrid (made on the same assembly line) it does appear that the MKZ has the louvers only in the lower part of the grill. )

Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Enthusiast

The Ford Fusion does not have moveable louvers. It does have a cowling/shroud for directing air flow. interesting note....I recently took my Fusion in for a 10,000 mile oil change and 2 recall notices. 1 of the notices was for a upgrade/fix for the MySync software. After the fix (and oil change) I reset my milage/mpg indicator and noted I am achieving a 48.2 mpg! Vehicle now has an additional 450 miles at that reading. Either the software fix included some fix to the ECO mode (how long the engine stays in electric mode) or there is a level of truth to the break in theory. The 2nd recall was to change the shifter **** to a leather covered one. Maybe that increased my mpg...Ha Ha! I am still very happy with the car....all that Ford said it would be

Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is the update for all the concerned new FFH 2013 onwards owners. Ford have listened and is offereing a FREE software update to boost fuel economy:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...to-improve-mpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/16/f...-improvements/

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...real-world-use