Need advice in thinking about buying a FFH

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Need advice in thinking about buying a FFH

We have owned a Honda Accord hybrid and currently own a Camry Hybrid. We have loved the Camry Hybrid, but it’s about time to think about getting another car (not SUV). I’m wondering if you Ford Fusion Hybrid owners would think that would be a good idea to move to a FFH. I know it gets about 7% better mileage, but can anyone compare the other size, performance and cost (including depreciation) attributes to the Camry?
Thanks
ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 05-13-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 AM
2010 Milan Hybrid
Default Re: Need advice in thinking about buying a FFH

Chuck,
There's tons of info & reviews 'out there', a few Internet searches will keep you busy. I suggest you drive one and make your own decision since you're already hybrid savvy. Read this forum, and this one http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index...57-25l-hybrid/, and you'll likely find your answer. Lots of happy customers.

Good Luck,
Jack in Ohio

Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

Chuck, how long did you own the Camry? If you're going through cars quick, the hybrids might not be worth the premiums. I own the Escape hybrid and I calculated it would take 7 years to break even at $3 gas.

Last edited by JTsyo; 05-26-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My FFH cost about $3,700 more at MSRP than a Fusion SEL with the same equipment. It is currently worth $3,300 more on trade in than the SEL.
I have saved approximately $1,500 in fuel cost over 16,000 miles versus the vehicle I traded in on the FFH. I estimate that fuel savings would be over $800 compared to the SEL.
You can't go wrong in my opinion. i think I have achieved break even in less than two years.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

I dumped the Camry Hybrid when it turned 36K miles. It was my first and my LAST Toyota! What a big POS, car squeaked, rattled and dealers were crap.

The ONLY think I miss is the push button start but I'm over it now. The FFH is louder under hard accel. Otherwise the FFH is faster, handles better, better nav system, and gets better MPG, I can get 50MPG on my commute home where the TCH would only get 42. My AVG MPG is 44 and that's just driving "normal"

Good luck!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Enthusiast

I own Ford Fusion Hybrid 2010 exactly like under this link.
I love it's a great car, you won't be disappointed. It's worth every dollar.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Hybrid Hound

I switched from a Camry to a FFH and couldn't be happier. The styling, interior and handling of the FFH is far superior to the Camry in my opinon. I am also getting better gas mileage and driving something that doesn't look like granny's car. It gives me a "sports car" fix with gasoline responsibility. Wouldn't hesitate to get another.1

Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Enthusiast

Honda's hybrid cars are looking best in the recent time. Many peoples attract towards hybrid cars. Solar energy cars are very useful and it is good for environment as well.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Enthusiast

I owned a 2010 FFH and would again. I also own a Toyota Prius (Gen I). I was involved in a 45 mph near head on and walked away. The FFH was totaled. In the 15 months that I owned it I had no issues at all, mileage remained fairly constant at ~41 mpg whether I had the snow tires on or the all season tires. I drove a Camry and chose the FFH over it. I am really considering the 2013 FFH, again for my wife who may choose not to drive it, and then...

Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Enthusiast

Well I own a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid I bought last Dec (waited for the new Camry since mid May.. based on rumors). I would suggest you wait a little and see what the 2013 Camry has feature wise. If they upgrade their features to match the much nicer 2013 FFH, and price compares nice, I would consider the 2013 Camry because its a year older model and hopefully Toyota cleared the original defects vs the 2013 FFH. However, if you cannot wait or if Toyota releases the 2013 Camry with same features as in the 2012, I think the 2013 FFH looks nicer. I do not know what street price difference (the 2012 Camry hybrid goes as low as $2K-3K under invoice...?) and I would consider the dealer I buy the car from first (yes before the car itself - I know sounds strange but long story) but sure it looks to me the 2013 FFH is better on paper.

Time will tell of course.

I do get 43-44 MPG on mine, actual calculated by distance vs. gallons at the pump.

Quick Reply: Need advice in thinking about buying a FFH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands