Enginer PHEV kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Default Enginer PHEV kit ?

Anyone tried this PHEV kit from Enginer? They come in 2kv and 4KV packs that fit in the spare tire well. Made for Prius and Insight. If you have one in an Insight II let me know how it works.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Enginer PHEV kit ?

I have one in a Gen 1 Insight. I know there was a Gen 2 done on the West Coast.

Try going to the Enginer forums.

http://www.enginer.us/forum

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these plug in conversion kits are only meant for the dual mode hybrids like the Prius.

Since the Insights, or IIRC any of Honda's IMA system equipped vehicles, are never motivated by the electric motor alone, what would be the point of adding an extra battery pack?

I guess maybe it would extend the life of the OEM pack, if it could even be integrated into the IMA system in the first place, but wouldn't it be just as expensive as replacing the OEM pack itself when it failed?

I have a message into Enginer support. Let's see what they have to say...

Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributor ($)

The Enginer pack can be used in any hybrid. IMA included.

It is especially helpful in mine since I additionally have the MIMA setup. (See www.99mpg.com for kit information.) Which basically means that I can manually control the amount of assist and regen, as opposed to relying on the computer to guess what I want.

This means I can uses as much assist as I want, and then have the stock pack refilled by the Enginer pack. Feel free to call me if you have questions. I have been involved in over a dozen Enginer installs on everything from Gen 1 Prius to Gen 1 Insights to Gen 3 Prius. 608-729-4082.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands