GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > General Motors Corporation > Chevrolet Volt/Cadillac ELR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Proud to be GM

Hybrids: 2012 Volt
Default 2012 Volt

Just ordered a 2012 Volt for my wife. We used one for the better part of a week just to see if it was a car she could live with long term. From the Wednesday morning that I picked it up until the Monday morning that I dropped it off we used just under 0.7 gallons of gas. And 0.5 gallons was because I let several guys in my office drive it starting on less than a full charge.

From Friday through Monday we used under 0.2 gallons, following my wife's normal schedule.

We'll see how it goes in January / February when it comes in.

I am NOT the official voice of GM with respect to Hybrid issues

Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Hybrids: 2009 escalade hybrid
Default Re: 2012 Volt

That is a nice vehicle. congrats on your purchase. It is well made and the touch dash was awesome. I did a test drive and will make a write up soon after the holidays.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Proud to be GM

Well, it's built. And I have a VIN#. Just waiting for the dealer to call and say "come get it". Also communicating with DTE Energy to get a Level 2 charger installed.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Proud to be GM

Well, we received the Volt on March 7th. The running joke in the house is that I'll get to drive it once every couple months to gas it up.

To date it has exactly 400 miles using 1.3 gallons of gas. That includes the day it wasn't correctly plugged in overnight and didn't charge.

At this point we are plugging it into a 110V in the garage. We get the installation estimate for the 240V this Friday. That comes with a flat rate $40/month energy plan. So $40 for electrons + maybe $10 - 20 a month gasoline. I could get use to this.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd

Congrats on the Volt. What color is it? What is your lifetime MPG sitting at? Also, have you had any cold days yet? If so, how did it go? I understand if you leave it plugged in, the Volt will keep its battery warm.

'13 Chevy Silverado Duramax/Allision 2500HD Crew Cab 4wd
'12 Chevy Volt
'08 Tahoe Hybrid 2WD
'97 A-M DB7 Volante
'61 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible, 3.6L LLT V6, VVT, Direct Injection, 6-speed auto, Side Pipes
'56 356 Speedster Replica, 1915cc, Dual 48IDF, hand ported intake/heads, Tiger Mendez exhaust, 120 cam.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Proud to be GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjungman View Post
Congrats on the Volt. What color is it? What is your lifetime MPG sitting at? Also, have you had any cold days yet? If so, how did it go? I understand if you leave it plugged in, the Volt will keep its battery warm.
We went with Cobalt Blue. I'll have to update my avatar. As for the lifetime mileage, the car only displays up to 250, then it says 250+. Our calculated MPG, based on car's statement of gasoline used (1.3 gallons in just under 2 weeks) is 335.

Oddly enough, no cold days yet. We had an atypically warm winter, and it's been in or near 70s since we picked up the car.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 AM

Tags
110v, 2012, camry, e85, forum, hybrid, tahoe, volt