Just took delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Just took delivery

On a 2012 Volt, loaded i.e. every available option, took delivery 12/18, so far I love this car, quiet, smooth, solid...nice leather ...like I said all the bells and whistles, so cool. I did lease the car, I am a little nervous with an American car as this will be my first one in 25 years but, so far, yes I do love it...just have to watch my speed it is so smooth and quiet it is hard to tell how fast you are going.
In the last 5 days I have used 1.5 gallons of gas, mostly because I picked it up 60 miles away and the dealer had not charged it....so, came home mostly on gas...oh yeah, when driving it, the only hint it went from electric to gas is the fuel gauge goes from a battery to a gas tank...everyone at work loves it, I have had to show it to a lot of people because they are actually excited and facinated about the technology...interestingly, these are many of the same people who were sceptical about the hybrid.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just took delivery

Keep us posted.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrats and hope you enjoy your Volt! H

Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Administrator

post pics!

Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

Bob, I bet that you will love the Volt. I have had my 2011 Volt since June and will reach 18,000 miles in a couple days. It is the best car I have ever owned. Like all battery vehicles, the battery capacity and mileage takes a hit in the cold weather but even this winter, I am making my 74 mile commute usually using about 0.5 gal of gas per day while charging it at home and at work. I figure I am saving about $10 per day on fuel compared to my Mustang Cobra. What you will really appreciate is the great performance of the electric motor. It is a very lively car, handles nicely, and is solidly built. The other great feature is how quiet it is. You can really appreciate the sound system.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I can't post pics, the site will not let me, says I do not have rights :-(...I have reported to moderator, not fixed..oh well...
I am loving the car, so far I have put 480 miles on it and used 2.6 gal's of gas...most of that was coming back from Idaho where I picked it up (about 60 miles) I am stunned by the cars acceleration, I mean this car is quick, I had a friend that I took for a ride, I drive slowish..he commented not bad for an electric cart, I punched it and pinned him to the seat....yes it will do that :-)....I am up to about 165 miles per gallon and running about 3.5-4.7 miles to a KWhr (depending on how cold and smart mouthed my friends are)...
yesterday, running errands, I got 45 miles out of the charge....well, 44 and change, the gas generator kicked in about 2 blocks from home...it is amazing how rough the engine feels...I mean it is smooth enough but after 45 miles on electricty, it feels like a monster truck engine :-).
I did not want the leather at first, but I am starting to like it, I love the on star remote and the ability to find a location on my andriod and upload to the cars nav system...I have a handle on the voice activation but I am about to turn off the voice...she is kinda annoying....at least it doesn't say recacluating every time I vary from its chosen path...anyway, I love it....hope I still love it at 20,000 miles :-).

Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Solar Panels

Congrats!

Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

I've had #1187 for 10 months and 14K miles. Great car, used 140 galons of gas so far, long trips mostly. Enjoy!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Great to see you're enjoying the Volt so far! The fuel economy is a great sticking point and here's hoping the smooth journey continues.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast

My wife swiped it on me and am missing it. In two years I may look at a Tesla S.