my Volt mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default my Volt mileage

I can't seem to add my Volt to the data base, but, I am not sure that the data base would reflect my stats properly anyway...I bought my car on December 18, 2011, here it is March 27, 2012....I have used 5.7 gallons of gas to go 3787 miles by the simplest calculations I have gotten 664 mpg...but, based on Volt stats caculacations (which match on star) I am at about 560...it is complicated but, I thought you would enjoy looking at these numbers (Steve :-)) ...I pay about $0.073 cents per kwh, I get about 4 miles to a kwh (depending on temps sometimes 3 sometimes 5) so, about $1.82 per 100 miles of electricty....so electricty costs what compared to my old Civic at 42 mpg would be .77 a gallon for gas. I am at 95% electric. My range in winter when it is in the single digits is 28-30 miles to a charge, in the spring I have hit as high as 52 on a moderate day with no a/c, the heat and cold cause the largest hit, the a/c is a pretty small hit on range. The actual cost of electricty is even harder to pin down, I frequently take advantage of free charging while I shop/eat downtown so, that said, my electric bill went down $10 over this same period last year without the car...go figure.

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/453

Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: my Volt mileage

Bob, for the shopping down town charging, if 110V figure about 5 miles range per hour charge. I had an opportunity to do some testing and had one for three weeks in three intervals. Last May I had been doing home improvements between kid taxi duty. I would plug in between taxi runs.

When unplugging and replugging into "shore power" it gets hard to track.

However, your long term gasoline purchases and odometer during the interval won't lie.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

the charging stations downtown are 240 v. usually they top me off within an hour or two....that is not a full charge mind you, I rarely need a full charge.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

Maybe that...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Proud to be GM

My wife's Volt is currently over 6,600 miles and she's used somewhere around 3.5 gallons of gas used in total. She reset both trip odometers so I am estimating based on where it was when she reset it (3.2 gals used) plus the three times since then that it has turned on for "Engine Maintenance Mode". Each time it does that it burns about 0.1 gallons.

We have a 240V ChargePoint station in the garage and have a flat fee established with our energy provider, so if the car is home, it's plugged in. Rarely need or use a full charge.