Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Possible code bug?

Old 02-18-2004, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Jason

I think you might need a "site discussion area" or something! hopefully, it will remain small...

Anyway - I found what might be a small bug.

I added a post in your SAT area quoting an earlier post by you.

In the Post area (the quote area was below, as normal), I entered the first paragraph of test. I followed that with a blank line, then the further line:

"for jkash...""

What happened on the post was that the "jkash" line appeared inside YOUR quote, along with my sig - and your name appeared OUTSIDE of the quote, along with my first paragraph as normal.

How very wierd. I did not take a screen shot and actually would like to try again shortly - but ahve run out of time today.

Been Very Busy lately here. Haven't been around as much as I would like! Keep up the great work!

Jack

Old 02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Site Founder

Not sure what you mean. You must type [ quote] (no space) to start and [ /quote] to end. You must use both.

in
out

Code:
Not sure what you mean. You must type [ quote] (no space) to start and [ /quote] to end. You must use both.

[QUOTE]in[/QUOTE]

out

Old 02-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah - and I haven't been able to repeat it either. Hmm.. At least, not yet.

When I quote a previous post, the quote appears below in a seperate area. I have this nice big area to write my own note in. I don't necessarily have to manually add the quote denotations.

In this at least one case, I wrote my note as usual, posted it and found that my second paragraph and sig were actually contained in the original quote! It was really wierd.

I thought about leaving it for you just so you could see it, but then, figured it must be easy to repeat - only it isn't.

Maybe I will go back to the original note and try it again, just to see what happens!

Jack

Old 02-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Site Founder

Sounds like you didn't add a closing quote tag.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jason@Feb 18th 2004 @ 4:33 PM
Sounds like you didn't add a closing quote tag.
Well, see, that's the POINT! I didn't add ANY tags - the system does this for me. It was after I posted the message and saw the results that I saw what had happened. It was wierd.

But, it hasn't happened again, so :blink:

Jack

Old 02-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Site Founder

If you hite the [QUOTE] button in the reply area accidentally, it could account for it