Welcome to the 300h forum

Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Veracitorian Muser
Default Welcome to the 300h forum

Hello Lexus 300h owners! Mine was one of the first in the US. My second Lexus. I traded my 1998 GS300 for a 2007 Toyota Camry hybrid, and the TCH for my 2013 300h.

Got very slightly better mileage with the TCH, but that is almost certainly due to commute changing from 12 x 2 miles on the TCH to 3 x 2 miles on the 300h.

I love this car! Great comfort and astonishing handling assurance. Almost as sure footed as my GS300, and far more comfortable.

-- Alan

Old 05-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Pragmatist
Default Re: Welcome to the 300h forum

Hi Alan,
My Camry was a 2008 -- I believe the first year of a new model often has some minor issues, which they usually get sorted out by the second year.
My ES300h is a 2014 -- for the same reason.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Steve,

My 2007, first week production TCH was virtually trouble free for the almost eight years and 90K miles I owned it. I replaced the 12V with an Optima, had a cracked windshield, and was on my second set of Michelins. Had a couple of early adjustments for the rear brakes and dash rattles. Nearly perfect.

So far, with one year on my 300h, not a single unscheduled item touched. I did have to fix one noise problem myself, however, that the dealer said they could not fix. Now when I tool around slowly in EV mode with my windows down, I don't hear that synthesized scratching sound. It is now as quiet as was my 2007 TCH.

-- Alan

Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Alan,

Just purchase 2014 300h. Came from a 2007 Mercedes E320 Bluetech. Can you describe in detail how you fix the noise problem yourself?

Pat

Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by lypdmd
Can you describe in detail how you fix the noise problem yourself?
The speaker is easy to get to and to disconnect, but don't expect to find by it looking for it! It is completely hidden from all sides except from below, where it is covered by an air deflector.

The speaker is inside the fender in front of the front driver's-side wheel. Access is through the black plastic air deflectors under the car. These deflectors are in two pieces that meet pretty close to the middle of the car, and there are lots of fasteners that need to be removed to take one off. (Wouldn't be a bad idea to circle each fastener with chalk as you take them off, as it took me a few minutes to find where the last one I tried to put back was supposed to go!).

Once the deflector is out of the way, you can easily get to the speaker up in the fender, and just unplug it. I tied the wire around a support up in the area to keep it from bouncing around, but still easy to reconnect.

The speaker access does not need the car to be raised, as I had plenty of room to work.

BTW, I just finished a 3800 mile cross-country trip in my 300h. I have owned Mercedes, Volvos, Saabs, Toyotas and Hondas (and a Lexus GS), and this is hands-down the best, most comfortable, most effortless long-trip car I have ever owned. (Second place goes to a Saab 900.) Averaged over 80 MPH most of the trip, AC on nearly always, and still averaged 42.0 MPG for the entire trip.

-- Alan

Old 02-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast

Just landed here (first time on site) to see if anyone else is getting battery fan noise after car is parked for several hours. Not objectionable, but concerned about running 12V battery down. Seems to do it more than my old TCH.
Mine is a 2014 ES300h that replaced my 2009 TCH last August, 2014. My 3rd Lexus and 2nd TMC hybrid. Enjoying the Camry drivetrain combined with Lexus amenities and customer service. TCH was flawless for over 6+ years. So far, same for 300h, although fuel economy a little disappointing by comparison. I have always kept meticulous fuel economy records, kept on a spreadsheet. I can give mileage stats that most people wouldn't think or care about. Driving style is the same on both cars. TCH that was EPA rated 34/33 mpg averaged 37.25 actual fuel consumption, not via computer read-out. ES300h that has 39/40 EPA rating has averaged 35.3 actual MPG so far. BTW, my car's computer MPG is 7.5% optimistic. Haven't gotten it on a long trip yet, so looking forward to the 42.0 reported by alan_in_tempe. Also, thanks to Alan for the info on the EV noisemaker speaker. Looking forward to getting back into stealth mode!

Last edited by mbone; 02-10-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 02-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Welcome to the 300h forum

Originally Posted by alan_in_tempe
The speaker access does not need the car to be raised, as I had plenty of room to work.
-- Alan
You must be younger and/or thinner than me! LOL!

Old 02-14-2015, 04:57 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by mbone
You must be younger and/or thinner than me! LOL!
I am neither young nor thin. If you can get your head and shoulders almost to the front axle under the car, coming from the front, then you will have plenty of room. Once the air deflector is removed, there is a lot more room to slide under the car. I could not slide under with the air deflector in place. However, it is easy enough to reach the deflector fasteners and remove it with only your arm under the car.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

Just ran mine up on a couple of wood blocks to give me more room. 6 screws & 3 push-pin connectors. Viola! Stealth mode. Thanks again!

Last edited by mbone; 02-20-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

It has been a couple of years since the last post here. I am considering getting 2014-2015 ES 300H. I was wondering how things have gone for those that have posted here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to the 300h forum

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands