'09 FEH MPG Techiques

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '09 FEH MPG Techiques

Originally Posted by GaryG
The real problem is gpsman1 is posting as BillyK also.
That is not true.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk
That is not true.
Maybe not, but you both have a lot in common. Ethanol!

GaryG

Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Angry Re: '09 FEH MPG Techiques

Gary, you are so full of it your eyes are Brown.
I DEFINATLY do not post under BillyK or any other.
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and I will say that to their face.

I asked to be removed from CMPG as Wayne was editing MY posts under my name, posing as ME and not allowing free speech over there.
When I got mad at him, he told me he owned the site, and it was not a democracy over there. So I left and never went back.

Get your facts straight or butt the h ell out!

John / GPSMAN1 / WORLD RECORD TANK HOLDER IN A 2005 FEH

Old 08-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Gary, you are so full of it your eyes are Brown.
I DEFINATLY do not post under BillyK or any other.
Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and I will say that to their face.

I asked to be removed from CMPG as Wayne was editing MY posts under my name, posing as ME and not allowing free speech over there.
When I got mad at him, he told me he owned the site, and it was not a democracy over there. So I left and never went back.

Get your facts straight or butt the h ell out!

John / GPSMAN1 / WORLD RECORD TANK HOLDER IN A 2005 FEH
Wayne just PMed me awhile back and said I had responded to you using another different name. He said that the post was from your computer so he deleted my post and your thread and reminded me you were banned from his site. I later looked at an older post by you there and the word banned was under your name. I think it's still marked that way today. Wayne and I are friends and he has no reasons to lie to me and never has. BTW, free speech involves the government's actions not a private website. You've googled my name before and must know I know something about that.

GaryG

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe not, but you both have a lot in common. Ethanol!

GaryG
Your history of smearing others who question you or your statements is tiring. Do they teach you this at your church?

Old 08-30-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
Your history of smearing others who question you or your statements is tiring. Do they teach you this at your church?
Look Billy, in my first post I stated that Ford had a patented warm-up strategy. Even though I made no mention of this being in the manuals you go off on a rant about me proving documentation because it's not in the manuals. Back then I knew the manuals didn't explain everything and that's why I researched many articles and patents. It was in a patent I found years ago and I posted links to that patent back then. I'm sure that patent can be found again and I even spent some time looking for it again. The fact I linked a post from 3 years ago talking about the very thing I stated in this thread, your still not satisfied. Who is trying to smear who here? When did I start working for you?

You did the same thing about me finding that my mileage got worst after a wax job. It doesn't end with you. You don't have to take my word if you think I'm full of it, you got an FEH yourself. I'm posting to help people improve MPG or help fix their FEH. I even went to the trouble of dragging my 18 year old Son out to film me driving at the request of members here. I'm trying to write down what I use as driving techniques here for people to learn from a request made by another member. There is no problem asking me to clarify things, but you want to continue beating a dead horse. Don't be a sideline troublemaker!

GaryG

Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

No, he is the same poster!
Sorry Gary, I've got a lot of respect for you, BillyK and GpsMan1, but I don't buy that.

It's a simple matter for any forum admin to check the IP address of any poster for as far back as posts go. Duplication of posts on the same day would be a good indicator.

I've been in personal contact with both of them and doubt that very much.

I'm pro-ethanol, maybe you should have my IP address checked too.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by colchiro
Sorry Gary, I've got a lot of respect for you, BillyK and GpsMan1, but I don't buy that.

It's a simple matter for any forum admin to check the IP address of any poster for as far back as posts go. Duplication of posts on the same day would be a good indicator.

I've been in personal contact with both of them and doubt that very much.

I'm pro-ethanol, maybe you should have my IP address checked too.
I know Billy and John are not the same poster but Billy needs to wake-up and get off my back. Actually, John has been very civil for a while now and I should have not made that comment for his sake. I haven't met either one of them but Billy just started reminding me how I thought John use to act and they both promote voiding your engines warranty with high percentages of ethanol.

It's true, I hate what ethanol has done to my '05 FEH, my old boat engine and I think it's nothing but a scam forced onto the American people. I'm going to unload what I thought was one of the best FEH because it will not get out of its own way on ethanol, never mind how poor the gas mileage is now. The ethanol industry is now trying to force the government to mandate E15 on us and I'm getting more fed-up with that also. Ethanol should not be forced to be used in vehicles not designed for it. The '09 handles it just fine and so does my new Honda 4 stroke outboard but the manuals do not recommend anything higher than E10 and E15 will void those engine warranties.

I have no problem if you are pro-ethanol and agree it does have a use for those that prefer it. If Billy says he is not John I believe him because I've never known him to be a liar.

GaryG

Old 08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Gary, I understand why you hate ethanol. E10 is the worst blend for mileage and having it mandated and seeing your mileage drop, has to be tough.

I know this will never happen, but I'd love to see your mileage on a tank of 20 or 30% ethanol, which appears to be the sweet spot, yielding very close to the same mileage as E0 in many vehicles. I bet you'd see an improvement over your E10 mileage.

</EndOfRant>

Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Gary,
This is not an ethanol thread, so I'll be brief.
It is not a poor fuel. It is race fuel! And people use it with $100,000 race engines. The problem is putting it in some gasoline engines.

It is not meant for older engines, or small, simple engines without electronic feedback and controls. It's not good for every engine. There, I said it, and I've pretty much said that all along.

The FEH's, all of them, are "modern" engines and run quite well with 25% to 30% ethanol. MPG is lower than gas in all cases. But Gary, get the mix right, and you will use LESS GAS overall, and be LESS dependant on big oil & fossil fuel. Gasoline is millions of years old and will run out one day. Ethanol- every drop you burn will grow back in less than 1 year.

E10 sucks as it just about the worst for MPG on a gallon per gallon substitution basis. It's purpose was driven by the EPA since ALL studies agree, it makes tailpipe emissions cleaner in all cars. MPG was not even in the equation to base the formulation change. Get to 30% and the drop in MPG is not as severe on a gallon per gallon basis.

You get the best MPG of probably anyone. Fine. Thanks for posting.
Most of your posts come off as bragging though and a slap in the face to those trying hard to just get window sticker results. Your posts are a big turn off to most readers. I CAN do everything you do, get the MPG you do, but I don't, because A) I can't drive in the same state every week, much less drive on the same supplier of gas every week, and B) it becomes work, and not fun after a while, and C) I NEED to tow, and sometimes go 700 miles in a day so I have to drive fast. I'm past the hypermiler stage in my life, and now, by using higher blends of ethanol, I often use less gasoline per mile than you because I'm pumping maybe 7 gallons of gas per tank and 7 gallons of ethanol per tank at E50. I boost my miles per gallon of gas by 100% by using E50!
(I don't do that often though. It's just not widely available, but I did the experiments and posted here that it works great. )

So really Gary, depending on how you look at it, I can get 60 MPG/gas every week, every tank. Just in a different way. Some would say your style of driving is just as bizzare as me putting E50 in the tank. Fine. Who Cares?
I'm posting information, and you should stick to posting information and leave it at that without passing judgement. I'll try to do the same.

Just remember this is a hybrid car site, not a hypermiler site. That is what the other is for, and why I have nothing to do with it.

Wayne can post anything he wants. He runs a dictatorship and is proud of it. The word "banned" is just a meaningless title he put up. That is something he put up after I asked him to remove my posts because I would rather have nothing up, than edited comments where Wayne was twisting my words and leaving my signature on it. At the time which was more than 3 years ago users could not delete posts. You act as if that word means something. You are now banned from drinking coffee at 3:32am in my house.
Since you didn't want to do that in the first place, does that have any meaning?

Peace.

Quick Reply: '09 FEH MPG Techiques

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands