2009 FEH P0A7C Electronics over temperature

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 FEH P0A7C Electronics over temperature

You might have to bleed the system multiple times. I once had an overheating issue on a Polaris ATV and it was due to air in the system.. I had to raise the front end up to help "burp" the system. That might be useless on a FEH but air is a definite possibility. If your coolant bottles have residue, that could be an indicator that their is contamination in the system. If crystal clear with nothing at the bottom, less of a possible suspect. I would go after the hot trapped air first to keep it simple.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good luck and let us know. There shouldn't be any air in the system when it is working correctly, and it sounds like you had some in there. You might have to repeat the process but let's see what happens. Glad you found the bleeder.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

Today I had no issue on my commute. I'm gonna drive it longer this weekend to see for sure but I think it may be fixed. Thanks all!

Old 12-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast

It overheated again on my commute and pulled the P0A7C code. Sounds like I may need to bleed it again. I will try it again and see if that helps.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:21 AM

Try to bleed it again and check the level. Are you clearing the code each time?

Old 12-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

Okay I will give that a shot. I am not clearing the code each time but I see the wrench light come on after about 20 miles then I checked the code and it said P0A7C during current drive cycle. Should I reset all after each bleed?

Old 12-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Well, I would imagine this code clears itself when the system is within spec. (don't take my word for that!) But if all the bleeding and so forth doesn't stop this, you're going to have to go deeper. Are you using Forscan? You say you replaced the MECS pump about a year ago. How long did it take to start getting this code after you did the job?

Old 12-09-2020, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlexK
Well, I would imagine this code clears itself when the system is within spec. (don't take my word for that!) But if all the bleeding and so forth doesn't stop this, you're going to have to go deeper. Are you using Forscan? You say you replaced the MECS pump about a year ago. How long did it take to start getting this code after you did the job?
I do use Forscan. This code only comes in short drives if it's very hot out and I am using the AC. When I first fixed it, I noticed it came on in some of my longer drives greater than 50 miles. Lately it has started to come on earlier even though the weather has been colder and my drive is about 25 miles. Its hard to tell when it is going to come on.

I can do some research in Forscan to see if I can do some tests

Old 12-09-2020, 11:44 AM

Sounds strange. I'm starting to think you might have an inverter or some other electrical component cooled by the system that's overheating. I wonder how it senses the temperature? Is there a sensor somewhere that has gone out of range? I haven't explored Forscan for what it offers to test and monitor those things.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlexK
Sounds strange. I'm starting to think you might have an inverter or some other electrical component cooled by the system that's overheating. I wonder how it senses the temperature? Is there a sensor somewhere that has gone out of range? I haven't explored Forscan for what it offers to test and monitor those things.
It's a good question. I'm really not sure I'll need to reference the service manual to understand more. When I purchased the vehicle I noticed this issue and the company I bought it from replaced the temperature sensor because they could not figure out why the issue was occuring.

Quick Reply: 2009 FEH P0A7C Electronics over temperature

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands