Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Anyone get a Scangauge to work on a FFH? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/anyone-get-scangauge-work-ffh-26878/)

turbotaguy 05-25-2011 05:55 PM

Anyone get a Scangauge to work on a FFH?

I know this is a FFH question, but that forum is not nearly as active as this one. I miss my FEH. I sold it and got a FFH which I really like.

I moved my Scangauge from my FEH to my FFH and can't get it to read SOC of the battery. I went through rebooting, back to standard settings, etc. No luck.

Anyone get this to work? The battery SOC is the most important piece of data IMO.

motleycrew 05-29-2011 08:32 AM

Re: Anyone get a Scangauge to work on a FFH?

I would assume the SOC code in your scanguage is to read the Hybrid battery not the 12 volt and that is why you don't get a reading

turbotaguy 05-29-2011 10:12 AM

I want to read the Hybrid battery - that is the SOC that won't display on my Scangauge.

Originally Posted by motleycrew (Post 235609)
I would assume the SOC code in your scanguage is to read the Hybrid battery not the 12 volt and that is why you don't get a reading

RicksVue 07-09-2011 12:35 PM

I've been searching the forum trying to do the same with my 2011 FEH.

I had a version "3.15*" ScanGauge, which is reported to be unable to read the SOC. I sent it back to be upgraded and got a "4.15*" version, which still can't read the hybrid battery state.

Does anyone have this working on a 2011 Escape Hybrid? I suspect that the PID containing the traction battery state of charge has changed. I am able to read the traction battery voltage, so at least some of the PIDs are still working.

I would really like to get this working. :)

RicksVue 07-14-2011 05:04 PM

I contacted the Linear Logic support folks via e-mail as I had just sent in my SG II to be upgraded but it couldn't read the battery state of charge, etc. They replied that the problem was likely the old processor (indicated by the "*" in the version number) and they shipped me a replacement.
The new unit works great and is now displaying my charge and traction battery voltage.

Fantastic service, great toy. :)

econoline 07-14-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by RicksVue (Post 236473)
I contacted the Linear Logic support folks via e-mail as I had just sent in my SG II to be upgraded but it couldn't read the battery state of charge, etc. They replied that the problem was likely the old processor (indicated by the "*" in the version number) and they shipped me a replacement.
The new unit works great and is now displaying my charge and traction battery voltage.

Fantastic service, great toy. :)

I had the "*" version too, and Linear Logic wouldn't upgrade or support it. I ended up selling it to a non-hybrid owner and buying a later model. It's great that you got them to replace yours. Wish they had done that for the rest of us.

RicksVue 07-14-2011 06:35 PM

The fact that I asked specifically about reading the FEH state of charge before sending them my SG II (and paying for the upgrade) probably has something to do with it. Not to mention the fact that my SG II has been upgraded multiple times. Sorry they weren't as accomodating for you. :(