Bait and Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bait and Switch?

Originally Posted by Austin Explorer
Well, I finally got an answer that explains it all and it sucks for me. The following site shows what special offers are available:

www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/offers/
The key is that offers are based on zip code and 78726 does not offer 0% for 5 years. 06111 (CT) does however. So Ford is relatively speaking sticking it to me and passing on the finance savings onto the other guys.

Robert
That sucks, but moreso in the "what you don't know won't hurt you" sort of way. Meaning, when we bought our '06 FEH, the 0% was only being offered in CA and Washington, D.C., so it wasn't even a blip on our radar. We tried to negotiate the best rate we could with Ford Motor Credit, but ended up going through our bank which had the better rate. 0% would have been wonderful, for any length of time, of course... just like cheaper gas would be. But, in the end, there's always a better deal to be had later rather than in the now.

In the end, it comes down to how much you want the vehicle. For instance, now you have the added choice of "Do I get an '07 FEH which has a $1000 lower MSRP, or stick with the '06 FEH and try to wheel and deal on it? Do I get what's on someone's lot or order an '07? etc."

Choices, choices. I wish you the best deal and best of luck. I'd love to see another FEH on the Texas roadways (I have yet to see a single one... and I've been looking.)

Old 05-05-2006, 06:55 PM
New FEH Owner

My Dealership, didn't have the one I wanted on the lot but found one for me 2 hours up the road and drove it down here for me.

I went to that website finder for the 72/0% which I received, and according to the www my dealership doesn't have it. However, they did have the 72/1.9% and the 60/0%;

Why did I get the 72/0%, Zero down on a trade-in? Dunno.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, pretty sure it is based on location. I bought mine the end of April and got 0% for 60 months but it ended on April 30 in our area.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Bait and Switch?

Thanks for everyone's comments. Ford may have changed their tune as 60 month financing was available again. The Ford incentives website still shows my area as only qualifing for 36 months at 0%, so I'm not certain if my salesman pulled some strings or the website has not been updated. The important thing is that my paperwork gives me an interest free loan for 60 months.
I picked up the vehicle today!

Robert