Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   "change engine oil now" notice (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/change-engine-oil-now-notice-13645/)

oscars2212 05-21-2007 05:24 AM

"change engine oil now" notice

my FEH has 8k miles on it. Had an oil change at 5k. This morning i got the "change engine oil now" notice. Is this more of a mileage/age predetermined notification that I can safely turn off/ignore, or is it the result of some active monitoring of my engine that has determined my oil is actually in need of a change?

I can look at the manual tonight, just wanted some piece of mind while at my work computer so I don't obsess over this for the rest of the day :D

thanks.

WaltPA 05-21-2007 06:01 AM

Re: "change engine oil now" notice

My guess is that who ever changed your oil at 5k didn't complete the job and with that, reset the computer. You are now getting that message because the computer "thinks" you never changed your oil yet.

There is no "advanced monitoring" of the oil itself.

oscars2212 05-21-2007 06:10 AM

ok thks.

TeeSter 05-21-2007 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by oscars2212 (Post 125725)
my FEH has 8k miles on it. Had an oil change at 5k. This morning i got the "change engine oil now" notice. Is this more of a mileage/age predetermined notification that I can safely turn off/ignore, or is it the result of some active monitoring of my engine that has determined my oil is actually in need of a change?

I can look at the manual tonight, just wanted some piece of mind while at my work computer so I don't obsess over this for the rest of the day :D

thanks.

From the '06 manual its just a 10,000 mile or 12 month timer, whichever comes first. It has to be reset when the oil is changed.

oscars2212 05-21-2007 08:29 AM

ah yes. I am at 8k but am probably at the 12 month time. I guess the Ford dealer that changed the oil at 5k forgot to reset something in the comp.

Pravus Prime 05-21-2007 09:10 AM

Mine was never reset by the dealer when I had mine changed, you use the message center to run a diagnostic, then hit set when it gets to the oil change diagnostic to reset it.

occ 05-21-2007 11:05 AM

Cool. Thanks. Did the same thing...got an oil change at 5k, and got the message at around 10k. Figured the dealer forgot to reset it. Didnt know how to do it myself.

JTsyo 05-21-2007 11:34 AM

Think you supposed to change at 5K and 10K and then every 10K after that.