electronic stability control

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: electronic stability control

There were a few minor changes made and the 08 has been released.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nobody is going to like this post, but here it goes.

Anyone has the right to post to any forum they want.

If the posts are hateful, inform the moderator.

You have to right to ignore any post.

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

This game of "your mother is fatter than my mother" is a waste of time and bandwidth.

I thought this was about saving gas and promoting technology.

Last edited by rxhybrid; 03-07-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: A bit more venting of the spleen.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wvujeb
There were a few minor changes made and the 08 has been released.
Without stability control

Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highlanderhybrid
Without stability control
As opposed to the highlanders' stability control which as I understand it from your forum is so sensitive it will prevent us from "dangerous" skids in our own driveway when we are trying to back out in 6" of snow or less.

Nothing wrong with ESC... but I do have to question the intelligence of an engineer (I happen to be an engineer by the way) that doesn't have it automatically switch off when the vehicle is going 10mph or less. I'm pretty sure there aren't that many deadly rollover accidents at <10mph.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:09 PM

The FEH did't change between 2005 and 2007. And the 08" has not been released, but it will still be dangerous
The word dangerous seems to be used alot on this board my people without knowledge. When people can't get the mileage of others, they cry he or she drives dangerous. Now we have a comparison of two different vehicles, and one is dangerous because it does not have stability control.

It could said that all you people getting below EPA estimates drive too fast and therefore you drive dangerously. Hope you don't have your kids in the car when you exceed EPA estimates, because you may let them see the dog and kid you ran over because you could not stop fast enough! Talk like this is BS IMO.

I'm looking very serious at the '08 HiHy, and was thinking about the '07 till I heard about the '08 changes. I love my '05 FEH, but it will not tow my boat.

Both vehicle are great vehicles with or without stability control if you drive with the key off, in neutral on the ridge of the road, and drafting as close as possible. Just kidding!

GaryG

Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM

Also, while we are on the subject, towing is dangerous just like speeding. If you do both you must not be all that concerned with safety HH. I drive slow and don't tow so I guess that cancels my need for ESC....and I just saved $7000. Woooooooooooo!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: electronic stability control

Yea it was the Hybrid they tested, and no the insurance institute and the government tested the FE Hybrid which recieved a tip-up for the worst
I assume when you and Consumers Union (I have been a member for over 20 years) refer to government rollover tests you mean the efforts of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The results of which can be accessed at safecar.gov.

Facts from this website:
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Escape dynamic rollover test - tip-up not reported
2005 Escape dynamic test - tip-up onto two wheels reported
2005, 2006, 2007 Escape Hybrid not rated (which means they didn't test it)

If NHTSA data is all that they are using, Consumers has chosen to extrapolate tip-up test results from a 2005 Escape (non-hybrid) and apply the results to all Escape models from 2005 - 2007. I could take the statements in your post more seriously if you could point me to any direct evidence of what a Ford Escape Hybrid does in a rollover test?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
As opposed to the highlanders' stability control which as I understand it from your forum is so sensitive it will prevent us from "dangerous" skids in our own driveway when we are trying to back out in 6" of snow or less.

Nothing wrong with ESC... but I do have to question the intelligence of an engineer (I happen to be an engineer by the way) that doesn't have it automatically switch off when the vehicle is going 10mph or less. I'm pretty sure there aren't that many deadly rollover accidents at <10mph.
ESC is not active until 9 MPH acualty. it's Trac. Control is whats activated all the time which is going to be on most cars with Trac. Control. I have had no problems when I was out in Goshen, NY visiting my mom. And we had alot of snow. I had the snow chains on and was doing just fine. And going around the curves I never once activated stability control which would be indicated by a beep. This is stability control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8637Xa1mA7c

Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by glennb
I could take the statements in your post more seriously if you could point me to any direct evidence of what a Ford Escape Hybrid does in a rollover test?
And it could be significantly different because of a large amount of mass lower in the body.... ie the battery.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
And it could be significantly different because of a large amount of mass lower in the body.... ie the battery.
no, I highly doubt that

Quick Reply: electronic stability control

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands