Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   FEH: 2006 vs 2007 vs 2008 (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/feh-2006-vs-2007-vs-2008-a-19345/)

mostel 07-19-2008 12:38 PM

Which vehicle is more higher end, more expensive, Escape vs. Mariner?

What are the fuel economies of the older model year hybrid Escapes? Please provide numbers and/or links. Thanks.

How much used Hybrid Escape can I get for ~$22K? Year? Mileage (<25K)?

What hybrid Escape model years should be avoided due to problems, etc?

What's the story with the poorer (3-star) front crash ratings for the early 08 FEH produced before June 6, 2007? What was the defect and how was it corrected? How to avoid these guys on the pre-owned market?

I'm looking for a link to the older Ford Escape Hybrid brochures and/or spec sheet showing different trim, option, package levels for model years 2007, 2006? Thanks.

P.S. If you can provide a similar resource for Pontiac that would be extra great.

I am looking for a link to see the specs, trim levels on the older FEH's from years 2007 and earlier to learn the different options and what was standard per year (brochures would do). Any link to this information would be appreciated.

Does the FEH have dynamic stability advance traction control as a standard or option?

Was there any features optional on the 2006 that became standard on 2007 or 2008?
Was there any features optional on the 2007 that became standard on the 2008?
Anyother significant differences of the 2005 v 2006 v 2007 v 2008 FEH?

Billyk 07-19-2008 01:26 PM

None. All have better than average reliability.

Search on Cars.com to obtain an answer that depends upon a number of items including supply and demand. Make sure you compare your region with other regions including the state of California.

GaryG. drives a 2005 Escape Hybrid--the first model year--and has a lifetime mpg average of 45!:omg: The famous "what is your mpg average" question depends upon a number of factors-environmental/traffic/driver skills.

This site has a data base for mileage-take a peek and look at the Escape FAQ section.

This question depends upon one's viewpoint. ;) Some reviewers/posters state Mercury is "better quality". Keep in mind the hybrid/drivetrain components are identical to the Escape. It is difficult to find an used Mercury Mariner Hybrid due to only several thousand made each year.

mostel 07-19-2008 01:40 PM

Thanks BillyK. Which costs more?

Thanks Billyk. Could you put up that FAQ link, as can't seem to navigate to it?

MyPart 07-19-2008 01:56 PM

Re: higher end: hybrid escape v hybrid mercury mariner

Using the Ford and Mercury web site I got the following MSRP prices for identically equipped FEH/MMH:

FEH:$33,665
MMH:$34,155
Diff=$490

Both get the same tax credits and have the same hybrid benefits including the exact same expected fuel economy.

glennb 07-19-2008 02:00 PM

Re: Fuel economy of older hybrid Escapes

Click on the miniature picture of the Ford Escape above....if you know anything about statistics - that database should say it all. :D

Billyk 07-19-2008 02:29 PM

Re: Fuel economy of older hybrid Escapes

Originally Posted by mostel (Post 181641)
Thanks Billyk. Could you put up that FAQ link, as can't seem to navigate to it?

Try this: https://www.greenhybrid.com/wiki/ind...ape_Hybrid_FAQ

;)

wwest 07-19-2008 04:51 PM

Comparing the FEH with the MMH is pretty much the same as comparing a fully decked out Camry with a Lexus EX350.

The "L" makes the difference and the dealer charges more money for exactly the same work.

Tim K 07-19-2008 06:35 PM

There are differences even when "equipped" the same....at least there were with the '07 and '06 models. I can't remember all the things, but they were little things. One thing I recall is the MMH had lumbar adjustment in the driver's seat and that was not available in the FEH. I'm not sure if one included roof rails, floor mats, cargo covers, etc.

That said, the parts are almost all identical. It is really a matter of the differences in styling.

Billyk 07-19-2008 08:45 PM

Re: Poorer front crash ratings for early 08 FEH

Go to this link: http://www.safercar.gov/portal/site/...002fd17898RCRD

for overall details. Safer version of the 2008 Escape made June 6, 2007 or later. Why, Ford redesigned the floorboard portion and instituted it on this date.

mostel 07-19-2008 08:55 PM

Re: Poorer front crash ratings for early 08 FEH

Link didn't work but I got the idea from your response, Billyk