Greentec Auto battery woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Greentec Auto battery woes

Originally Posted by AlexK
Thanks, S Keith, that's the kind of corroborative information that I think qualifies as evidence. One question: if the pack in my '10 Limited fails, can you rebuild it or ship me a pretty good one? I can remove the core and ship it to you.

Right now I don't have to do it - amazingly the one in my car has been running great this summer, at least so far - fingers crossed - but I know at some point I'll reach a go/no-go decision. I do my best to keep it cool and so far it's been working well.

Thanks again.
Nope. I've only personally encountered three failed FEH/MMH batteries in 6.5 years in Phoenix (one is mine). They are resource intensive, and it would never pay off.

I would recommend Bumblebee.

Old 11-25-2022, 03:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Greentec Auto battery woes

GreenTec Auto → Gets HV Hybrid Battery Pack Replacement Done!

Bingo, Bango, Bongo♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯ 🎼 🎵 Music for my Prius.

My 2012 Toyota Prius v HV hybrid battery finally began failing a few weeks ago after ten years of use and 118,000 miles. Right on schedule for its age and mileage. Confirmed its state of unhealthiness with check engine light and the battery error codes of POA80 “Hybrid Battery Pack Deterioration” and POA7F “Hybrid Battery Pack Control Module” … After researching my options, i.e., a re-manufactured battery pack with recycled cells from donor hybrid batteries with nominal capacity of 4.5 ampere hours, I opted to invest the extra cost in a high-capacity 6.5 ampere hour HV Hybrid Battery Pack with “NEW” cells in each of the modules which compromise the pack. Glad I did as, unlike all the local re-builders that only sell the so-called reconditioned packs; which claim to include re-balancing of the cells within the modules, I wanted the 48 Month Warranty that accompanied purchase of the high-capacity 6.5 ampere-hour capacity HV Hybrid Battery Pack with NEW cells from GreenTec Auto ...

Fast forward to the day of the scheduled physical installation at the area Greentec Auto shop located in Phoenix, Arizona; which was scheduled within hours of my placing the order … I was contacted by a cellphone call from the Arizona area Technical Manager, Michael Ramirez who scheduled my installation at the local shop. On the day of the install I was greeted by Michael and Steve Hodgson, Technical Assistant. To my astonishment, these two men removed my old failing hybrid battery pack and installed the new HV hybrid battery pack within 30-40 minutes start to finish. Totally amazing ... Team Work in action! It’s refreshing to see such efficiency and professionalism. I’m sure glad that I made the positive decision to make my HV Hybrid Battery Pack purchase with GreenTec Auto. This young growing company has set the standard for Hybrid Battery Pack replacement! Highly Recommend … Five Stars ★★★★★

Last edited by Zoltani; 11-25-2022 at 03:36 PM.