Husky Cargo Liner Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Husky Cargo Liner Question

Originally Posted by CANiHaveGasCash
How well do the colors match up? I have the dark grey interior and I'm not sure if a black or a grey liner would look better
I wish I had an interior photo to show you, as that'd be the best way for you to judge. I just got back from the garden center and have a bunch of plants and potting soil in my FEH right now, otherwise I'd take a quick snapshot and post it here for your reference. I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow, in the event no one else comes through.

I'm pretty picky about color matching (I'm a web designer/developer, by trade. ), and I opted for the gray Husky mats; I've been quite pleased. They're a hair lighter than the FEH interior (2006 premium leather interior, anyway; haven't seen other MY interiors to know if there's been any variation), but black would be a stark difference, in my opinion.

I loooove these mats. I throw all sorts of stuff into the back of my FEH that I used to have to lay down quilts or trashbags or whatnot in the back of my Corolla for. I almost wish there was a way to tack on a Husky liner to the BACK of the rear seats (with Velcro or something non-permanent) so the entire cargo area was protected when the seats are down. I know there are other makes/models of liners, some of which do cover the area created with the rear seats down, but I very much prefer the thick, resilient, "memory retention shape" style of the Husky liners, and the grooved imprints in the plastic to help keep items from skidding across the cargo area. My husband was just joking with me today that I really haul a lot of stuff in my FEH... so much so that his pickup "misses" all the trips I used to call upon it for. Hehe...

Last edited by GeekGal; 03-01-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: elaboration
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by CANiHaveGasCash
How well do the colors match up? I have the dark grey interior and I'm not sure if a black or a grey liner would look better
I went with the grey Huskies for the floor mats and cargo liner. It is a shade lighter than the '07 FEH interior, but matches to the cloth seat color well, and looks very nice overall. I debated black vs grey but Autoanything only had the cargo liner in grey so I went with that and I'm pleased.

I just exchanged a Rubbertite cargo liner for the Husky, and my original concerns about the Husky liner lip being too stiff were wrong. It's actually very pliable and just lays flat when weight is put over the lip. Glad I went with the Husky.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Ronin

Glad you are happy with the Huskey. I just went with black..since it's full of stuff most of the time. This should be an OEM option like floor mats.
I wish it had a rougher surface so things would not slide around, but thats what a cargo net is for I guess.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Raven
I wish it had a rougher surface so things would not slide around, but thats what a cargo net is for I guess.
You might want to look at the Rubbertite (by Lloyd) if you want a rougher surface. It's a much heavier material and has a more textured surface.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
I almost wish there was a way to tack on a Husky liner to the BACK of the rear seats (with Velcro or something non-permanent) so the entire cargo area was protected when the seats are down.
There is. I was talking to an engineer at Husky about mud flap sizes and we got to talking about the cargo liner. He says that Husky will sell you a flat piece of the cargo liner material to be attached to the rear seatback. I have to call him back with the overall dimensions we need for the FEH, and I'll post the price here. This would be a rectangular piece, so trimming would be required for a perfect fit. He said price would obviously be less than a cargo liner as it's flat with no lip or moulding.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
There is. I was talking to an engineer at Husky about mud flap sizes and we got to talking about the cargo liner. He says that Husky will sell you a flat piece of the cargo liner material to be attached to the rear seatback. I have to call him back with the overall dimensions we need for the FEH, and I'll post the price here. This would be a rectangular piece, so trimming would be required for a perfect fit. He said price would obviously be less than a cargo liner as it's flat with no lip or moulding.
Wow, that's terrific! I'm definitely interested. Even though I now have an infant carseat installed in my back seat, and thus don't flip my seats down as often as I had been, I still carry lots of gear in the cargo area that shifts around.

It's so nice being able to throw our muddy stroller into the cargo area without worrying about trashing my interior!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
I'm pretty picky about color matching (I'm a web designer/developer, by trade. ), and I opted for the gray Husky mats; I've been quite pleased. They're a hair lighter than the FEH interior (2006 premium leather interior, anyway; haven't seen other MY interiors to know if there's been any variation), but black would be a stark difference, in my opinion.

I loooove these mats. I throw all sorts of stuff into the back of my FEH that I used to have to lay down quilts or trashbags or whatnot in the back of my Corolla for. I almost wish there was a way to tack on a Husky liner to the BACK of the rear seats (with Velcro or something non-permanent) so the entire cargo area was protected when the seats are down. I know there are other makes/models of liners, some of which do cover the area created with the rear seats down, but I very much prefer the thick, resilient, "memory retention shape" style of the Husky liners, and the grooved imprints in the plastic to help keep items from skidding across the cargo area. My husband was just joking with me today that I really haul a lot of stuff in my FEH... so much so that his pickup "misses" all the trips I used to call upon it for. Hehe...
I'm gonna thow my $.02 in. I wanted a liner as well, to protect both the carpert & battery. I didn't care to spend $80+ tho. I found this liner on ebay, ships from Canada ($60ish shipped), but had it in a week. It's light (4#) seems tough, seems grippy enough to not have stuff slide around like it's on ice, but not so grippy you can't move it after setting it down. I was dissappointed to only see it in black, but since the dash has the dark gray highlights, it doesn't look too bad in the back. best of all it does cover the back seats (at least a good portion of them) in the upright, or flat postions! I too have a carseat so don't lay down much, but the fact the seat backs are now covered is a peace of mind. If I want to fit something bigger than the caro area alone offers, i just take the expedition out

http://www.starlink-dss.com/Escape.htm

Old 06-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I'm gonna thow my $.02 in. I wanted a liner as well, to protect both the carpert & battery. I didn't care to spend $80+ tho.[/URL]
For the record, the Husky cargo liner for FEH is only $67.95 online. I actually got mine for 10% less than that because a discussion group I was a member of at the time offered a discount code to AutoAnything.com.

And mine matches the interior.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Exclamation Re: Husky Cargo Liner Question

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I'm gonna thow my $.02 in. I wanted a liner as well, to protect both the carpert & battery. I didn't care to spend $80+ tho. I found this liner on ebay, ships from Canada ($60ish shipped), but had it in a week. It's light (4#) seems tough, seems grippy enough to not have stuff slide around like it's on ice, but not so grippy you can't move it after setting it down. I was dissappointed to only see it in black, but since the dash has the dark gray highlights, it doesn't look too bad in the back. best of all it does cover the back seats (at least a good portion of them) in the upright, or flat postions! I too have a carseat so don't lay down much, but the fact the seat backs are now covered is a peace of mind. If I want to fit something bigger than the caro area alone offers, i just take the expedition out

http://www.starlink-dss.com/Escape.htm

I just received this item and am happy with the fit. You slice the center groove of this liner so it can flip upward or downward with the 60/40 seatback configuration.

Last edited by Billyk; 06-19-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add my thoughts
Old 06-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

I totally love these things. I've had them in my last 2 jeeps and have not been able to find them for my new 08 FEH. I think the flat cargo liner from the top of the back seats rock to the door would rock. I flip my seats all the time gear in and out, the quick nap from time to time.

Where and what is the buy in to get 1 on those, I'm in. Also having no lucky finding the back seat liners. Wayne O

Quick Reply: Husky Cargo Liner Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands