I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by teperilloux
I'm pretty sure that title goes to Oregon.

Colorado has 44 breweries... http://www.coloradobrewersguild.org/

Oregon has 58 and Portland is home to the most of any city in the world (29 last count) AND home to the largest beer festival in North America.

Microbrew is god here in Oregon!
One more reason to love Oregon!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:37 AM
N/A

What is the largest beer festival in North America? I thought the Great American Beer Festival was the biggest competition out there but I must have been mistaken.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I live in Utah. we have no beer. if i want microbrew, i have to drive to Moab. 6 hours. or go to wendover NV, 3 hours. best micro is back home in FL, http://www.dunedinbrewery.com

Old 12-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I hate Colorado's tax credit.

The only people that can benefit are new car buyers, who in general have the money to buy. Those that have are being subsidized by those that don't.

It really gets sillier the more expensive the Hybrid option. What purchaser buys a Lexus Hybrid that deserves a 13K+ tax break. When Hummer comes up with a 20K Hybrid option then maybe some will see it differently.

How this shifted to microbrewers is strange, I'm the plant engineer and lead brewer at Avery Brewing here in Boulder.

http://averybrewing.com/

Old 12-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You can get it on a used car--you just have to prove that the original owner didn't claim the credit. Of course, I have no idea how you would know that when buying a used car other than checking the VIN with the state. If you were to purchase out of state, the original owner would probably not have filed for a Colorado credit...

Mmmm....Out of Bounds.....

K (not a tax man so read the fine print and talk to someone who knows for sure before buying a car out of state and then claiming the credit)

Old 12-07-2007, 08:28 AM
08 MMH 4WD

Glad the information has been updated. This years taxes should be fun and I think this year I can actually use a good chunk of the credits. Won't know until next year after I get some better info about some events that happened this year.

I also love living in Colorado, but it's not due to the taxes!

Too bad the 94 XJS I sold this year was in state or I could claim double:
"The percentage of the credit is doubled, up to a maximum of 100%, if the vehicle or power source permanently displaces (will never be operated on Colorado highways in the future) a vehicle or power source that is ten years old or older. You must provide a copy of the bill of sale to an out of state buyer or salvage yard to claim this extra credit."

Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I would not say you could claim "double".

You could have calimed the "full" amount, vs. half. ( or 75% )

Last edited by gpsman1; 12-07-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman
What is the largest beer festival in North America? I thought the Great American Beer Festival was the biggest competition out there but I must have been mistaken.
Since you asked...

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/

Purportedly the third largest outdoor beer festival in the world with 65,000 attendees after Oktoberfest and GBBF. It gets bigger every year and they always run out of the good stuff at some point.

http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/ in Denver looks great. Much smaller though at about 41,000 attendees.

I think the draw for Oregon's brewfest is that it's non-competitive, craft breweries only, so no judges or any of that. Just come hang outside with friends on the river enjoying amazing beer.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 PM
N/A

I see the difference. The one here in Denver is a competition. I think it's sort of serious and the judges swirl the beer around in their mouths and spit it out and debate which one is better. They give out medals and have dozens of categories. There are tastings that are open to the public and those are a big deal and that's the part I was thinking of. It's a much-anticipated event here, and tickets can be hard to come by.

PDX looks like it's more of a beer festival and I'll bet it's also a lot more fun, especially down on the river in late July.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teperilloux
I'm pretty sure that title goes to Oregon.
You are probably right. I saw a show called Beer Nutz once when they were touring Denver. It might have been Denver was the U.S. city with the highest per capita. I'll check my facts when it airs again on 1/7: http://www.mojohd.com/shows/view/1001624

Quick Reply: I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands