Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   I need a new/refurbished battery pack (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/i-need-new-refurbished-battery-pack-30285/)

chartierpw 04-28-2015 05:43 AM

I need a new/refurbished battery pack

I need a new or refurbished hybrid battery pack for a 2005 Ford Escape, anyone know of anyone selling them? I've looked at the Dorman site and they want over $3,000 for a replacement battery pack. I really don't want to spend that much money if I can help it. I've also looked at EBay and searched the internet for one, nothing. I don't want to purchase a used one, too afraid I'd be buying someone else's problems.

I would also consider refurbishing mine myself (replaced the cooling fans myself) if someone could point me to instructions and where to buy the necessary parts.

Anyone?

R/
Prescott ....

hcbflash 05-01-2015 09:08 PM

Re: I need a new/refurbished battery pack

If you think you need a new traction battery, buy it from a Ford dealer. It seems like you don't really think you need a new battery though.

If you're considering doing some sort of "refurbishing" yourself, you'd be doing extremely well to accomplish an end result as good as a genuine, but used, Ford battery. I'm uncertain about the differences between the batteries of different years, but there aren't very many different batteries. I'd do the homework to find what years you're compatible with, and find one with fairly low miles, and you'd be best to find it in its original vehicle, or at the yard that is parting that whole vehicle, and will guarantee that it's functional and not critically damaged. You'll see the price difference between new and used. You pay for what you get.

xspirit 05-01-2015 10:23 PM

Seems to me there are instructions on YouTube for doing this sort of work.

GatorJ 05-03-2015 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by hcbflash (Post 256385)
If you think you need a new traction battery, buy it from a Ford dealer. It seems like you don't really think you need a new battery though.

If you're considering doing some sort of "refurbishing" yourself, you'd be doing extremely well to accomplish an end result as good as a genuine, but used, Ford battery. I'm uncertain about the differences between the batteries of different years, but there aren't very many different batteries. I'd do the homework to find what years you're compatible with, and find one with fairly low miles, and you'd be best to find it in its original vehicle, or at the yard that is parting that whole vehicle, and will guarantee that it's functional and not critically damaged. You'll see the price difference between new and used. You pay for what you get.

You obviously haven't priced the battery through Ford.

OP: If you want a new/reman HVTB, that Dorman unit is your cheapest alternative.

rowekmr 05-18-2015 03:13 PM

There's a place by me that sells refurbished ones for about 1K incl installation IIRC. Here is their website:

http://www.besthybridbatteries.com/