Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Moonroof Deflector (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/moonroof-deflector-9723/)

greenhybrider 09-02-2006 06:02 PM

Moonroof Deflector

I tried to install the moonroof deflector today, but I couldn't!

Following the manual/diagram, I got no where because the shape doesn't fit, the size doesn't fit, and there's no clear mounting platform for the deflector.

The dealer either ordered the wrong deflector which is not likely because the manual says "Escape: 2001 -> up" or that this is really hard to install.

I could post some photos later after coming back from dinner. In the mean time, does anyone have pictures with a moonroof deflector already installed for me to see how it is "supposed" to be installed? Maybe the photos will give me some clue as to do it properly.

Thanks and I appreciate it!

nitramjr 09-02-2006 06:11 PM

Re: Moonroof Deflector

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
Ithe manual says "Escape: 2001 -> up"

2001 and up to when? Our Escapes have some differences from the 2001-2004 models so maybe the manual is obsolete. Just a guess but if the part doesn't fit, that could be the problem.

Good luck with it.

greenhybrider 09-02-2006 09:01 PM

tha manual doesn't say up to when. just 2001 and up. does anyone have photos of a 2006 FEH with moonroof deflector properly installed?

TeeSter 09-04-2006 08:57 PM

My father is a parts manager for a Ford dealership, and I saw something this weekend that is relevent. It was an installation manual for a part that fit Escapes 2001 and up. The manual was printed as 2001 and an arrow to the right. It was printed in 2003.... so there would be no guarantee anything after 2003 would be the same in my interpretation... I suspect, its the same with your deflector.