My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Thanks guys. Yep I live in eastern PA about 2 hours from the NY border and my dealer is near Buffalo where I grew up, almost 6 hours...that 2 hour drive through PA into NY is what I call rolling hills but I guess it could be more...on the way there (which in this case won't be in my FEH) it's mainly uphill but gradual...on the way back it's mainly downhill but long gradual hills...I'm in neutral on them now in my Focus and get up to 65-70mph and have to brake to stay on the road during the curves. I was thinking the 09' had fuel cutoff in D and L but it's just L? Any reason to be in D then? I'll certainly want the fuel cutoff on those hills, I was thinking it would just fuel cutoff but maybe I need to be in L.....does N or L give regen if I brake?
Weird....I've been reading alot on here since I found this forum probably 10 months ago preparing for this...then I end up with an 09' and all the "tricks" changed a bit on me, feel like I'm playing catch up at the last minute

Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Slick
on the way back it's mainly downhill but long gradual hills...I'm in neutral on them now in my Focus and get up to 65-70mph and have to brake to stay on the road during the curves. I was thinking the 09' had fuel cutoff in D and L but it's just L? Any reason to be in D then? I'll certainly want the fuel cutoff on those hills, I was thinking it would just fuel cutoff but maybe I need to be in L.....does N or L give regen if I brake?
Weird....I've been reading alot on here since I found this forum probably 10 months ago preparing for this...then I end up with an 09' and all the "tricks" changed a bit on me, feel like I'm playing catch up at the last minute
Above ~45mph, you do get DFSO (fuel-cut) in "D" and partial fuel cut under 40mph. In "L", the engine will run no matter what but you get higher RPM's with engine braking at all speeds while in DFSO. If you have a SGII you can monitor DFSO by seeing Instant MPG at 9,999mpg and Open-Loop on that gauge. You guys with hills will need to report which gear works best going down long hills, but I know DFSO works in "L" at all speeds. Neutral eliminates regen above 40mph and below 40mph just like prior models. I only use neutral in EV below 40mph to coast futher and pick-up speed to 40mph on downhills. You must shift back to "D" to apply the brakes to get regen. I'm sure you get regen in "L" going to battery for storage, but I just don't like the high engine RPM's. Also, in cold weather fuel-cut and engine braking could effect reducing engine temperature faster.

For these reasons I lean to staying in "D" and using the brakes to slow like you did in your Focus. I'm not sure if coasting in neutral in the Focus is safe in the older automatics if that's what you have. The newer 6 speed automatic is designed to circulate transmission fluid to the gears in neutral like the FEH eCVT.

GaryG

Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Above ~45mph, you do get DFSO (fuel-cut) in "D" and partial fuel cut under 40mph. In "L", the engine will run no matter what but you get higher RPM's with engine braking at all speeds while in DFSO. If you have a SGII you can monitor DFSO by seeing Instant MPG at 9,999mpg and Open-Loop on that gauge. You guys with hills will need to report which gear works best going down long hills, but I know DFSO works in "L" at all speeds. Neutral eliminates regen above 40mph and below 40mph just like prior models. I only use neutral in EV below 40mph to coast futher and pick-up speed to 40mph on downhills. You must shift back to "D" to apply the brakes to get regen. I'm sure you get regen in "L" going to battery for storage, but I just don't like the high engine RPM's. Also, in cold weather fuel-cut and engine braking could effect reducing engine temperature faster.

For these reasons I lean to staying in "D" and using the brakes to slow like you did in your Focus. I'm not sure if coasting in neutral in the Focus is safe in the older automatics if that's what you have. The newer 6 speed automatic is designed to circulate transmission fluid to the gears in neutral like the FEH eCVT.

GaryG
In my attempts to increase my highway mileage I found that if I let off the gas while in "D" it goes into fuel cut with the scangauge reading 9999 and then I can shift into "N" and glide further especially with a slight downhill and it stays in fuel cut. I also found that if I shifted to "N" before the scangauge reads 9999 that it doesn't seem to go to fuel cut but reads 100-200 MPG and I don't seem to get as good a glide. Hard to tell if that's true as it’s been so windy here for the last few days and that maybe diminishing the glide. Is this the best strategy? I found that shifting to "L" eats too much of my speed, my hills must be too small.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got it finally! 7 month wait is over..heck more than 7 months as I tried or order and 08 in Feb! Anyway drive home was good...honestly I was in cruise control most of the way (my old Focus didn't have it and it was nice to sit back and relax ) . Got a calculate 27 mgp on the way home, all highway. I was suprised how much EV I can get with it so new, I've heard of people not getting any EV on test drives or first drives but I drove out of the dealership on battery power. Got at least one question though...I'll start a new post though...

Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast

With the precipitous drop in auto sales, the dealers should be willing to kiss your *** to sell any vehicle. Period. Tell those jerks to shove their increase.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got a check from the dealer...but it wasn't for the whole amount...878 and change I think, somewhere in there, would have to look...I didn't argue, but I don't see myself driving 6 hours to pick up another car there....oh yeah and ended with "don't tell anyone about this" as if me getting the price I was entitled to was breaking some rule...plus with the higher price and check back to me I pay more sales tax....don't get me started, feel my blood pressure going up...

Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

$878 would be the increase at invoice. I can see why the dealer was hesitant to automatically give the old price. In 2005, Ford did not price protect on the Hybrids and they may have been concerned that their request for price concession would be refused. They must have gotten approval. Have a nice day.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Enthusiast

i ordered mine in june and picked it up on halloween. the dealer just subtracted the price increase from my purchase agreement and listed it as a "rebate". there was no check that had to be cut. just take you dora with its price on it and they should match that price.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

I ordered my MMH back in June and it came in this past weekend invoiced $1000 over what they quoted me. The salesperson said she's going to make some phone calls today to try to fix the problem. She wanted me to take it last night but I didn't. I'm hoping that will motivate them to fix the price. She knows I want it but considering the price I'm paying and it's the base model, no NAV and no leather it's still very pricey.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Good choice. Once you take possession, you lose your advantage.

Quick Reply: My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands