NAV Home question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV Home question

Originally Posted by nimhbug
well, my car *was* broken into a few weeks ago, luckily not stolen.
At least your '06 has PATS, unlike the '05. That might have slowed down a rookie car thief for a few minutes.

If it is any consolation, from what I have heard from friends in law-enforcement, most car breakins are looking for cash, guns, CD players, cell phones and other items they can sell quickly for cash for oxycontin, meth, heroin, whatever. Car thefts are way down but breakins are up. And unless they are caught in the act, they know they will probably never be bagged for it

Old 01-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV Home question

Ouch. Reminds me of the N.Y. subway robber who would steal purses by pushing their owners in front of subway trains while holding onto the purse strap. Then, while the poor owner was getting scraped up off the tracks, he would burglarize their homes. They caught him by rushing to his most recent victim's home. Maybe these guys are moving out into the county.

BTW. Those Nav CDs are $200 a set. This is also something else we should raise hell about, as there is no way to get a local update or update them yourself, or can you even tell when they were made. The Navteq company implies that Ford controls update process. Who knows?