Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   New 12V battery. Jump start sucessful but motor dies in 5 to 10 seconds. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/new-12v-battery-jump-start-sucessful-but-motor-dies-5-10-seconds-33290/)

spud 05-20-2023 06:38 PM

New 12V battery. Jump start sucessful but motor dies in 5 to 10 seconds.

Any ideas or pointers to posts covering this issue appreciated. BTW the '06 has 346,000 miles. Love this car.

S Keith 05-20-2023 10:40 PM

Re: New 12V battery. Jump start sucessful but motor dies in 5 to 10 seconds.

5-10 seconds of engine spinning is likely just the HV spinning the engine.

Did you confirm you're getting fuel at the rail?

spud 05-21-2023 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 277067)
5-10 seconds of engine spinning is likely just the HV spinning the engine.

Did you confirm you're getting fuel at the rail?

Not yet, will check that. Thank you.

S Keith 05-21-2023 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by spud (Post 277071)
Not yet, will check that. Thank you.

I've personally had the issue, and at least one other on here. I've also seen some Youtube accounts of it... fuel pump either fails, or the plastic supply line that's part of the fuel pump assembly fails. I had to replace the fuel pump on my '05.

IIRC, there's also a fuel control module that can fail. I bought one, but I didn't need it as it was clear that I was getting voltage at the pump, and the problem was obvious visually once I opened the tank.

spud 05-24-2023 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by S Keith (Post 277072)
I've personally had the issue, and at least one other on here. I've also seen some Youtube accounts of it... fuel pump either fails, or the plastic supply line that's part of the fuel pump assembly fails. I had to replace the fuel pump on my '05.

IIRC, there's also a fuel control module that can fail. I bought one, but I didn't need it as it was clear that I was getting voltage at the pump, and the problem was obvious visually once I opened the tank.

OK will OK check that too. I'm kind of occupied for a few days, looking forward to digging into it.