New FEH/MMH Availability Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Roll call for those of us waiting

This is stressing me. I'm new in these parts - in more ways than one. This is my first posting, my first hybrid, and the first time I've ordered a car from a factory.

I live in the Pac NW, and there are almost no FEH's available on dealer lots. I went with a large volume dealership (they have lots in three different suburban cities). The FEH's here literally sell within 12 hours of arriving on the lot. I found one to test drive, but it was the wrong color and didn't have all the features I wanted. I went back the next day to order mine and the one I test drove was gone too. I ordered on August 8, 2007.

When I ordered the salesman said, "It will take 6 - 8 weeks, but most likely 6." Now, from what I'm reading on this thread I should be prepared for something more like 12 - 16 weeks. YIKES! I can wait, but it's disappointing because I'm very excited about driving my first hybrid. I'm excited because for the first time my car with be EXACTLY as I want, from color to features. The dealers can't keep the Prius or Camry hybrids on the lots either. Why aren't the manufacturers boosting production?

I just watched "Who Killed the Electric Car?" last night. Ford and GM complained they had no market to buy the electric car. That's hard to believe. Knowing that the current hybrids are very popular and can rarely found on a lot and it take more than 4 months to receive a factory ordered one, it seems but factories aren't boosting production to meet demand. There is some sort of disconnect between consumer and manufuacturer. Oh well. I'll just wait. I'm a gown up. I can handle it - sort of!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Enthusiastic new owner
Default Re: Roll call for those of us waiting

SeaTeacher--

Don't despair. Despite the fact that my own order is now heading into week 13 and has yet to be picked up for production, I spoke with another dealer not far from me and I was told that they are getting orders back within the 8 week time frame. It seems that the major difference is that dealership sells quite a few of the FEHs. It was just my bad luck to be so naive as to order from a small dealership that has no clout when it comes to getting one of these through the system. Who knows if your dealership will be able to deliver you the FEH you want within the time frame they promise? They might just be right. I certainly hope that it works out for you, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll find out on Friday that I have a full VIN...

Raven
Coralville, IA

Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I personally believe the market is recovering. There are about 10 in my area now, not like I want, but 10 that are sitting there and not being sold like before.

I was number 35 out of 80 in my region two weeks ago, this week it was updated to 17 our 50, so orders are dropping or stuff is being shipped.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Enthusiastic new owner

OK, I broke down. I found a new hybrid less than 2 hours away that had what I wanted on it (plus some stuff that wasn't necessary, but I guess that heated seats will feel nice in the cold Iowa winter). We canceled our long-languishing order, which I felt bad about doing but there was a limit to how long we were willing to wait. We'll still be going to that dealership for service, so they'll get their money out of us eventually. Tomorrow we go and pick it up! I can't wait to drive it back home (hubby graciously bowed to my geeked out enthusiam and suggested that I drive the new FEH back). Ice blue, 2WD, moonroof, leather seats, premium pkg. Zowie!

Raven
Coralville, Iowa

Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NevermoreGasGuzzler
OK, I broke down. I found a new hybrid less than 2 hours away that had what I wanted on it (plus some stuff that wasn't necessary, but I guess that heated seats will feel nice in the cold Iowa winter). We canceled our long-languishing order, which I felt bad about doing but there was a limit to how long we were willing to wait. We'll still be going to that dealership for service, so they'll get their money out of us eventually. Tomorrow we go and pick it up! I can't wait to drive it back home (hubby graciously bowed to my geeked out enthusiam and suggested that I drive the new FEH back). Ice blue, 2WD, moonroof, leather seats, premium pkg. Zowie!

Raven
Coralville, Iowa
Sounds almost like my twin add chrome & middle radio option.

I wanted leather (kids) so the premium pkg made sence. wanted color coded mirrors & door handles so had to get chrom pkg, moonroof was just an added bonus. Kinda wish we have the top end radio so I'd have the hybrid info screen, but didn't want to go all the way for nav system as I don't need it, and didn't know there was a differnce, and probably would have been hard to find one with the screen & not the nav system.

Congrats! And my wife, nothing gracious about it, took the keys and drove home, promising I'd get to drive the 2nd half. Well 3 miles from home (250 mil trip) I got to drive.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Everyone,

I got another phone call from Ford today....it still could be December now before my order arrives. I can't believe it. How can orders change so much.

Anyways, I am still trying to hold out for a FWD. But I may switch to an AWD just because my loaner is exceding its friendly period.

I have found at least 30 hybrids around the Indiana/Ohio area that are loaded and AWD. If you need help obtaining something like this let me know.

Especially if you like the light powder blue color.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

We ordered our MMH 6/21 and were told 4-6 weeks. Well, it is now 11 weeks later and we are still waiting. Last we were told was that we were waiting on the battery. We don't have a VIN # yet either. I am just glad that we didn't put down more money on it. They tried to get us to put down $1000. I have called Ford Motor Co. CS and they weren't much help.

We are getting a FWD with all the upgrades. We also have the X-plan. I wonder if we are last on the list because of that???

I just feel like our dealer isn't doing much because they aren't making anything off this purchase. Does anyone using the X-plan feel that way??

I wish they made it in a midnight blue, they don't so we got the Kiwi green.

The biggest thing that stinks about waiting so long is that we only have 1 vehicle right now. So we have been stuck at home all summer. The kids have not been happy.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I just recieved this email from someone at Ford....

Originally Posted by pb5927317
Looks like things are getting a little better:

Good Morning,

Okay, I've done some research and this is what I have found. There is a backlog of Hybrid Escape/Mariners and the orders are being processed as fast as possible. I've been told that your Mariner is set for manufacturing in October with delivery scheduled for November. This is on par with other pending hybrid orders. Your dealership will be apprised of your vehicle's status and they will be the best source for getting updates until delivery to you.

I will keep your information with me and I'll let you know if I become aware of any changes in your order.

We appreciate your loyalty and for taking the time to contact me.

Pat,

I would love to have that email address. I have tried everything to find out an address to get "real" answers.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:31 AM
N/A

Not sure if this is "news" to anyone but... just got back from an errand and stopped by a large Ford dealer on the south end of Denver on the way home. They have 7 unsold FEH sitting on the lot. May be a good sign for those in the market that are not waiting on an order.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Enthusiast

We ordered a 2008 MMH 6-20-07 (X-plan, $1,000 down) as FWD, well loaded vehicle. I had been talking with the salesperson before the X-plan became availalbe to me and she was surprised when I walked in and told her I wanted to place an order that day on the X-plan. Was told the day I placed the order that it "could be" October before I received the vehicle. No news since the order was placed but I keep hoping from what I read here that it will arrive in October. Then I have a well preserved 2001 Mazda Tribute to sell as I could not get a trade-n value so far from the delivery date.....

Quick Reply: New FEH/MMH Availability Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands